cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Try our new GoToWebinar Recordings Editor

Hi,

We now have a Beta version of Video Editing for your GoToWebinar recordings. With it, you can:

• Trim out the beginning, middle and end of your recording
• Add a title slide
• Add music
• And much more

If you are an existing GoToWebinar customer and would you like to be one of the first to try it out, send and email to: videoeditingfeedback@logmein.com

gtw video editing.jpg

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
15 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Try our new GoToWebinar Recordings Editor

Very nice. I just tried it out and was able to cut the dead space before the webinar started as well as cut out the break in the middle of the webinar. I have been using FinalCut Pro for editing videos for many years and found this very simple and intuitive.

I assume that after I am done editing, I select Save, and that's it.

How long before the edited video is available to the public?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Chris Droessler

Thanks for trying the new feature and sharing your thoughts. Once you have finished editing your recording it will be listed as In Progress on your My Recordings page. How long it takes to process before you can share it will vary, based on the size of the recording and then number of recordings being processed at the time but, it should only be a matter of minutes in most cases.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thank you. I'll send a mail.
Regards
Alain
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

We would like to test your BETA video editor for GoToWebinar. Sent an email to the email you had put in the announcement, but haven't received anything so far.

Thanks for letting us in on the new editor.

Karl B.

Video Services

XXXXX University

xxx-xxx-xxxx

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Karl Buehrens ,

I've edited your post because it contained personal information.

To sign up for the Video Editing Beta program, simply email your account credentials to videoeditingfeedback@logmein.com .

Active Contributor

Thanks for the post Glenn. I like the direction that GoToWebinar is moving for recording editing.

I would like to make a feature request to be able to upload edited recordings from a program such as Adobe Premiere Pro. Few reasons...

1. Ability to stitch mutiple recordings together as it can be challening to get high profile presenters in one recording session.

2. Easier to record using studio equipment and post edit for a higher quality webinar experience.

3. Generally more flexibility.

Valued Contributor

Robert_ - You can!  Have you tried it?

I often edit my GoTo recordings in FinalCut Pro, then upload them to GoTo. 

I find the new online recording editor is nice for triming the beginning and end of a file, but it is no faster than editing the file in Final Cut Pro and uploading the file.  For folks who do not have access to Final Cut Pro, Premiere, or other video editing applications, the online tool that GoTo provides does a good job at a simple task.

Active Contributor

Thanks Chris.

I will give this a try. I called support yesterday specifically about this and asked them and they told me it couldn't be done... bit of a disconnect.

Do you know how new this feature is?

LogMeIn Contributor

@Robert_ Hi Robert,

Did you already follow the activation instructions at the top of this thread?

If not, please email videoeditingfeedback@logmein.com to gain access to this beta functionality.