cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valued Contributor

Re: Try our new GoToWebinar Recordings Editor

Robert - I have been uploading my edited videos for many years.

On Mac Compressor I use the setting "Prepare for HTTP Live Streaming - Broadband High," which includes the following settings:

.mp4  MPEG-4 file

H.264

29.97 fps

audio - AAC, stereo, 22.05 kHz

Active Contributor

Much appreciated. I am going to give this a try this week. Thx
New Contributor

Hi,

Is this feature still available? I emailed videoeditingfeedback@logmein.com but so far didn't receive any response. How long does it normally take to process such requests?

Thanks,

Leszek

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Hi Leszek,

The feature is available. I emailed videoeditingfeedback@logmein.com and received a reply within 24 hours. I now have the feature activated. You can always reach out to your sales rep for further assistance.

*Note - that you will need GoToWebinar Pro for this feature to work.

Valued Contributor

One thing I found that was not so intuitive.

When you are editing a video in this new GoTo Recoding Editor, if you select Save, it will save your work so you can finish it later, but Save does not create an edited video.  You have to click Finish to have the editor create the finished video.

I have used this new feature several times now and have found it to be easy, but not quick.

The last two times I have downloaded a recording while simultaneously starting the GoTo Recording Editor.  I open the video in FinalCut Pro and trimmed the beginning and end of the video.  While in FinalCut I sweetened the audio with a little compression. I output using Apple Compressor, then I upload the edited recording to GoTo.  At the same time I am editing the video in the GoTo Recording Editor. It takes a long time for the video to load in the Recording Editor, which I use to trim the beginning and end of the recording.

I find that both methods take about the same amount of time to complete the task. Today, for a 37-minute webinar, the GoTo Recording Editor was 1 minute faster than the entire FinalCut process.

If you have FinalCut, Premiere, or another video editing application with which you are familiar, then downloading the recording and using your familiar tool might be better.  You can also sweeten the audio in your own tool in ways that you can not using the GoTo Recording Editor.

The GoTo Recording Editor does a great job with some basic tasks. This is great for someone who does not regularly edit videos and does not have a video editing program like Final Cut or Premiere.

Kudos to GoTo for adding this new feature.