cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Try our new GoToWebinar Recordings Editor

This feature was working fine for me until yesterday. Now, no matter what browser, the editor says the video is missing. These are not videos that I uploaded, they are all recorded webinars. 

New Contributor

Hi, I have the Starter subscription because our webinars are not sufficiently large to warrant the Pro or Plus level. I record the webinar online but I need to edit one of our videos. How can I either:

A) Download the online recorded webinar to edit and then reupload it as the preferred webinar video for that session?

OR

B) Use the locally recorded version of that webinar, edit it and upload it for people to view it online?

I really need to do this as the online recorded version that is currently available needs some editing before we send the link out to people to watch on demand.

Thanks,

Rob.

Respected Contributor

You can use either method.

I prefer to download the video and editit in my own video editor.

When you are logged in to GoToWebinar.com and are looking at your GoToWebinar dashboard, click on the "Video Library" icon on the left side of the page.

Find the video you wish to download.

To the right of the recording date, there are three vertical dots.

Click the dots and select Download.

Edit the video and then drag the final version to the space at the top of the page.

Then you go into the past webinar and select this new recording as the official recording for that webinar.

To be safe, I then delete the old version of the recording.

Or you can use the online video editor.

New Contributor

Nice App.Thanks for sharing it with us. i used it with my  Free CBS All Access accounts

New Contributor

It is great when are we getting more updates?

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. On May 31st we will be releasing an update to our video offering. As part of this, we will be adding in:

1. The ability to generate transripts automatically or manually for all videos and recordings.

2. A transcript editing feature alongside the video trimming feature

2. Improved preview experience to view edits before saving

3. Improved user experience for canceling out edits you no longer need.

4. Improved notifiications for completion of all edits

In future iterations we're looking at audio normalization (to make all sound even), the ability to insert images or video into the recording, and simple annotation tools. If you have any other suggestions on how this feature could improve your workflow and provide you more value, I would love to hear more.

Thanks again,

Ryan Meuse

Principal Product Manager, GoToWebinar & GoToStage

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Thanks Ryan,

Those are all great features that we do externally now.

Respected Contributor

I just generated a transcript for one of my recordings. When I select the Copy button to copy the transcript, it copies everything as a single paragraph with no breaks.

If however, I highlight the transcript text and use my computer's copy feature -- then when I paste, I get paragraphs.

Can you look into changing the behavior of your Copy button?

MacOS 10.13.6

Firefox 67.0.2

New Contributor

Please tell me how I can delete the last 1.5 hours of a recorded webinar.

Tags (1)
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @cedgar 

Step #1 would be to download a copy of your recording just in case something goes drastically wrong with your edited version.

Then, from the video editing page you would click the Trimming tab, and drag across the broadcast timeline below to select a section for deletion:

G2WvideoEditClipping.PNG