cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Unable to Locate Recording

Hi Jonathan, is there a folder called "original" located in your Documents folder? Does it contain the missing recordings?

New Contributor

Hi all,

Just had a similar problem myself: have used the recordings function for over a year now for monthly meetings and had no issues at all, but this time it doesn't seem to have saved it at all. In my "Documents" location it's saved what looks like a recording, but when you open it it just opens the Recording Manager and then says "you don't have any files to convert", and hasn't created a folder titled "original" as per usual: is there anything that anyone can recommend?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Sam,
If the original file does not contain enough information, then I'm afraid the recording file may have been corrupted somehow.  Since this functionality has not been changed recently, I would suggest rebooting, and hosting a test meeting to confirm that you have enough space available, and that the software is working as expected. 

Let us know if the problem still exists, and we can try somethings to troubleshoot further.

New Contributor

Hi Ash,

Thank you for the quick reply: just done so and still seems to be recording fine, so not entirely sure what happened to this particular recording and whether or not it can be recovered?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Sam,
I apologize, those files that don't contain enough data will not be recoverable. However, I do have some suggestions to guarantee a quality recording, such as utilizing GoToWebinar's Online Recording function (storing a copy in your online account), and using Co-Organizers to simultaneously record the same session with you, from a different computer.

Online Recording can be enabled in most accounts under GoToWebinar's Settings area, on the Recording tab.

New Contributor

What do you mean if the original does not contain enough information? I've had this happen to me twice now. Somehow I was able to finally see the recording in my "Recordings You Need to Convert" for the first one, but don't know how. For the one today, I see the .g2m file in my Documents folder, but it's not showing up in the Recording Manager under "Recordings You Need to Convert".
New Contributor

Hi All,

If anyone experiences this issue, it is because although you have ended recording, you have not ended the meeting. Until you do not finish the meeting (closing the meeting window), the recorded session will not appear on the conversion tool.

Hope this helps :-)
New Contributor

Greetings,

I have a slight variation on this problem that I don't see mentioned here. I recorded a meeting to a network drive and converted it on another PC. The converted recordings folder on the machine doing the conversion was set to a flash drive that was no longer connected. Therefore, the path was invalid but no error was received and the converted file cannot be located. Would this still default to the documents folder on the local hard drive? If not, where would it be saved? Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Josh,
The Documents folder is the default on Windows unless changed by the Organizer within the GoToMeeting preferences.

New Contributor

I understand that. It was changed to an external drive that wasn't connected at the time of conversion so the setting in preferences was invalid. What does the recording manager do with the file in that case?