cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Unable to Locate Recording

So my issue is very similar but with a twist...
I set up the original GTM but then set up multiple co-organizers.  One of those co-organizers started the meeting but then passed the ball to the 2nd co-organizer who then started the recording and ended the meeting.  She said she did not get a request to convert the .g2m file.  Now the recording is nowhere to be found - it's not in MY "Originals" folder or either of the alternate co-organizer's "Originals" folders.  Does the recording exist ANYwhere????  Someone else posted that recordings are not housed by Cintrix/GTM either.  Am I really SOL on this???  Really hope not.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Suzanne,
Only the Organizers who pressed the 'Record' button will have a local recording file.  You can also search that system by the GoToMeeting title to help locate a lost file.

New Contributor

So I just had the co-organizer search her hard drive using ".g2m" as the search criteria and...nothing.  So I'm assuming it's gone, gone, gone....??
LogMeIn Contributor

You can also try by meeting title, assuming you titled it different than the default 'New Meeting'.

Otherwise, we do not store your broadcasts anywhere on our side.  For next time, I'd suggest having multiple organizers record simultaneously in case there's any problem with one of the files.

New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Coverting a recording issue.

I just converted the first part of our meeting today and for some reason it was not successful. When i tried opening the .MP4 unsuccessful converted file it wont open. When i checked the folder that needs to be converted it's not there anymore so there's no option to reconvert the file. How do i locate the temp file so that I can convert it again? Please help.
New Contributor

HI can I retrieve a recorded call that i forgot to convert yesterday? Is there a way?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey Gurpreet,
Unconverted recordings will still be housed temporarily in your Documents folder by default.  You may come back to them later in order to convert the recordings when you are able.

YSF
New Contributor

Recording on a mac and it doesn't save the file locally despite nominating a folder.

Also there is no stop button. Only record and pause.
the only way to stop appears to be to close the meeting

Respected Contributor

@YSF  The recording should be in a Recordings folder inside your Documents folder.  Search your hard drive for the name of a recent webinar.

Yes, the recording can be paused, but you can not stop it.  Ending the webinar stops the recording.