cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Uploading my own CSV or Excel file of webinar registrants

Found this page from a websearch. The same search found this:

https://developer.citrixonline.com/fa...

But the instructions and the "Developer" site are cryptic to say the least.

Somewhere in the bowels of the site there seems to be an "eco system" for developers, but many of the links are broken.

Quoting the instructions here in case the website goes away.

=====================================

You can create curl commands with the registrant data within Excel and run these commands in the cygwin terminal. In detail it works as follows:

Register in the developer portal and create a new application in the portal. Enter the following data:
App Name: G2W registration
Description: G2W registration
Product API: GoToWebinar
Expected API Requests Per Month: 999999
Expected Go Live Date: Date of today
Application URL: https://api.citrixonline.com (link is external)
If you need more then 10 calls/second or 500 calls/day send your API key (consumer key) to developer-support@citrixonline.com and request production level
Download the Excel template extract and open it
Create an access token using the direct login method. Enter the access_token and organizer_key in the Excel sheet in line 1 and 2
Create a webinar or open an existing webinar in the web portal. In the URL you find the webinarKey. Enter this webinarKey in the Excel sheet in line 3
Enter the registrants data in the Excel sheet in the columns firstName, lastName and email
In the column "Curl commands" the curl commands to register the users are created automatically
Copy all curl commands into a text file with the name "CreateRegistrants.sh"
If you are working on a Windows PC download Cygwin (link is external)and install it with the curl package.
Copy the file "CreateRegistrants.sh" into your cygwin home directory, e.g. C:\cygwin\home\thomas\Create registrants.sh
Open the cygwin terminal and enter ./CreateRegistrants.sh. The registrants are created and the JoinUrl for each registant is copied into the file JoinUrl.txt

====================================
A couple of notes about the above:

1. The site doesn't provide links to do a login. You have to scrounge to find them.
2. The documentation uses inconsistent terms. Sometimes you see references to names like "client_id" but really what is expected is called "Consumer Key"
3. If you read carefully, you've got to be comfortable using a Unix "shell" (or Cygwin on Windows, aka "Terminal" on a Mac).

In short, (long now), Citrix still doesn't provide this feature.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Lee, that is from our developer site for those that use our free APIs to integrate with GoToWebinar. Until we are confident that we have measures in place that will prevent abuse of a feature like this, we will not enable bulk uploading of registrants. Without the right checks in place, an Organizer could register anyone without their knowledge and then use our system to spam them.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Upload list.

Sometimes I do closed webinars for people who are trying a job as a intern or trainee in a company. My question is: can I upload a list of people to my webinar, or they have to subscribe one by one? Thanks
New Contributor

Re: Upload a List of Registrants?

This is 10/30/2014. Is there a way to upload an Excel or csv file of people who registered on our Eventbrite site?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Robert, while we do not support directly uploading registrants into GoToWebinar at this time, there are a number of integrations out there that make use of our API. This one for example should meet your needs: https://zapier.com/zapbook/eventbrite/gotowebinar/  Allowing organizers to register attendees themselves in bulk has some concerns, especially regarding the misuse of such a feature by spammers. Once we are confident the necessary safeguards are in place to prevent abuse, I am sure we will look at adding a more direct method.

New Contributor

I wont to stop this page
New Contributor

What's the difference if someone uploads a list or adds someone via the API? If they are going to add them, they are responsible for not spamming people.
New Contributor

Yes, because it would be way beyond the imagination of a spammer to employ a developer to upload their list via the API, wouldn't it?
LogMeIn Manager

We currently have controls over our API to prevent that kind of abuse, and we continue to work on safeguards to prevent misuse of our services. 

New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Import attendee list into GoToWebinar.

This is one of the deficiency of gotomeeting whereby one cannot import the prospects list into GotoMeeting and send invitation.  Look at eventbrite how it does it.  I have send the emails outside gotomeeting and get their registration on my website and then enter the registrant information manually into gotomeeting for further communication with them from gotomeeting. This is unnecessary step.  I know there are some paid products which can interface google Doc with Gotomeeting for this purpose but it is not free.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: I have a meeting scheduled for April 9th. However, i do not see how to invite pa....