cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Urgent: Auto record did not work!

HELP!  All of my webinars are set up to Auto-record. It ALWAYS works. Until today, when it did not. I had 3,600 people registered and only 1,000 attended, so the rest are counting on the recording. We always have two organizers on at every webinar, and it should have recorded on both computers, but it did not record on either. Is there any hope of recovering this webinar. It did not show up in our recordings, we didn't get a message saying to hold tight while the recording was converted or anything. 

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
Tags (1)
9 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Urgent: Auto record did not work!

Hi @Fran_Simon

Can you please click on my profile and send me the webinar IDs so I can open a case and research this? 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Hi - this isn't working for me. I recorded a webinar today and then converted it and now it says the file doesn't exist. Please advise.

LogMeIn Contributor

@caitlinm111  If you recorded the webinar to your desktop, what operating system is in use?

If you were using Online Recordings, you should see an updated list of recordings available to share and those that are still processing under the My Recordings section of your account.

New Contributor

I used the auto record through GotoWebinar. I don't see the recording in My Recordings in my Gotowebinar account.

LogMeIn Contributor

@caitlinm111  If you used Online Recording, the backup process should that conneciton fail is to store the file locally.  Have you checked your Documents folder for the webinar title in case the recording saved there?

New Contributor

It is from the folder that it says "this file does not exist."

LogMeIn Contributor

@caitlinm111  In some rare cases Online Recording can fail, and also the backup attempt at local recordings.  Did you have any Co-Organizers recording simultaneously?   If not, then the recording file may be lost for good I'm afraid.

New Contributor

this is how it appearsScreen Shot 2018-12-04 at 3.58.38 PM.png

and then in the recordings folder it looks like this

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 3.59.44 PM.pngBut then when i click through it says this: 

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 4.02.22 PM.png

LogMeIn Contributor

@caitlinm111  The good news is that file looks like it has significant data inside.  Follow these steps to attempt a conversion on your Mac OS:   https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/how-to/how-to-convert-a-temporary-recording-file-on-a-mac...