cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Using an Edited Webinar for a Simulated Live/Recorded Webinar Event

We are planning on doing our first Simulated Live/Recorded Webinar Event soon. But we need to make some edits to the original webinar recording. Can I edit a webinar recording on my own (using my own editing software) and then upload the edited version to my video library and use the edited webinar for the Recorded Webinar Event? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Using an Edited Webinar for a Simulated Live/Recorded Webinar Event

Shannen, I have edited a webinar and used it for Simuliive many times.  It works well if you do a quick live intro and live Q&A.  One word of advice - allow yourself enough time to load up the video - depending on your connection and the size of the file, it could be quick or take time.  Remember - the video you share does not record if you are recording the Simu-live event.  You can add it as a video file in post-editing.  Hope you have a great webinar. 

Sharyn

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Sharyn - Thanks for the response. Sounds like you ran an actual live webinar but played a video of a previous webinar as part of your live event. Is that correct?  In our case, we are not looking to do a live webinar or have any part of it live. We are setting it up as a "Recorded Event". And then we want to take a webinar that we recorded a few months ago and have people watch the recorded webinar on certain dates and times that we select. So it's not live and no organizer is needed. We did test it and all worked well. But we realized we need to make some edits to the original webinar recording.  So wanted to know, once we make those edits, can I then upload the edited version for our Simulated Live/Recorded Webinar Event. Or can only the original recording generated by GotoWebinar be used? Have you done anything like that? Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

@Shannen I would host a new webinar with that edited recording, using Cloud recording. Once complete, place this new one as the Simulated-live recording instead.