cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Using control panel causes, the webinar to minimize my power point presentation?

I'm a new user (attendee).  It took me a LONG time to find the control panel, because it was minimized to a small column of icons and hidden behind another window on my desktop.  Once I found it and opened it, it wo'nt stay open.  How do I make it stay open, so I can see the control panel easily and get my questions in quickly?

Thanks,

Rebeccah

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Using control panel causes, the webinar to minimize my power point presentation?

@rprastein Hi Rebeccah,

It sounds like you were able to download the GoToWebinar desktop software, though I'm unclear exactly what operating system you have there.  If this was your first webinar, could you elaborate on what other applications were taking control, and if you were doing anything else on your desktop at that time?

New Contributor

Re: Using control panel causes, the webinar to minimize my power point presentation?

Hi, AshC.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate.

I had other windows open, Explorer, probably both Firefox and Chrome, possibly Word or Excel, notepad, possibly notepad++.  This actually my second webinar, and it happened in the first one, too.  I don't think it was anything "taking over".  It happens after only a few seconds.  I'm not so much concerned about being behind other windows, that's most likely my own fault, for not seeing and recognizing the little 3- or 4-icon column as being the control panel and keeping it visible.  But I really would rather have the control panel stay fully expanded until I *choose* to minimize it.

Thanks,

Rebeccah

New Contributor

OK, I got it.  On the top menu, under the View item, there is an option to turn off auto-something (it's annoying I can't just pull up the interface to look at it, and there is no help file I've been able to find that goes through the menus and icons to tell what each one does), I think maybe it was called "auto-hide control panel".  I unchecked it, and the control panel stayed open.  But when I started up for the firs time, it was enabled, which is why it was so hard for me to find it.

Rebeccah

LogMeIn Contributor

@rprastein  Right -- the GoToWebinar control panel is designed to 'shrink' at first, but shoudl not be 'minimized' completely.  Sorry if the interface was not immediately visible on top of your desktop there.