cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adpasymposium
New Contributor

Video Sharing Work Around

I have read through a number of posts about the challenges of sharing multiple videos (5<) and not being able to view them on a mobile platform. I was wondering if a workaround would be to have two organizers, more or less side by side, one organizer shares there screen with their chosen video from there computer on computer audio. The second organizer is not sharing their screen but is on Phone Audio and puts there phone near the speakers of the first organizers computer.  This would share the audio through one account and the video through another. 

What issues would this cause? Do you think this will work? I'm trying to find someone to help me test this theory at present.  

6 REPLIES 6
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Video Sharing Work Around

You could do that, but GoTo intentionally employs a downward expander, which will make music sound bad and make a soft speaker/presenter sound bad. See the discussion here:

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Choppy-music-audio-during-Webinar/m-p/21704... 

We have asked, and hope that GoTo will add a switch to be able to defeat this feature when we do not need it.

The video sharing feature that allows up to five videos does not employ this downward expander.

A second issue is the possible delay between the two computers.  This might place the audio slightly before or after the visual part of the video.  This could be a problem if the video is a talking head, but may not be a problem if the audience is not looking at the mouth that is speaking.

adpasymposium
New Contributor

Okay, 

I understand why my solution is not great and can lead to choppy sound quality.

I have been playing around with another option, setting computer speakers to 'Stero Mix' in windows and record the audio from my computer.  I followed these instructions. 

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/39532/how-to-enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-7-to-record-audio/

I was able to set this up and as long as I am not playing actual music it seems like this could be an acceptable work around.  

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have done that, and even using cables coming out of the headphone output back into the mic input.

As long as you are not trying to play music you should be fine.

GoTo has announced that we will be able to playback computer audio in a new release due out in the next few weeks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@adpasymposium  Video sharing ability has now been increased to allow for up to 20 pre-loaded videos per webinar.  

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
GeorgeA

When will this option be available? This is just what I am looking for. It is also currently available on GoToMeeting. Does GoToWebinar have a specific implementation date for this feature as I have an event coming up and hope it will be available by then.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@GeorgeA  Desktop audio sharing will be coming to GoToWebinar in early 2021.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!