cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kgately
Active Contributor

Video played fine during practice session without embedding first - will it work in the webinar?

I did a practice session with a panelist for an upcoming webinar. He mentioned he had videos he wanted to share during his presentation. I told him that he would have to send me the videos in advance so I could embed them, but he wanted to try it during the practice session and I have to admit they worked great. He was like "See? It works." But will this work in the actual webinar? What happens if a video is not embedded first? I need a good argument to tell him we have to embed them (if that is actually the case).

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Video played fine during practice session without embedding first - will it work in the webinar?

Usually videos played back that way have a low frame rate (ie. they look jumpy), which may not be a problem depending on the content of the video.  Apparently the visual of the transmitted video had good enough quality??

The audio from the video is not supposed to broadcast, but if it did, then it was probably picked up by his microphone and transmitted that way.  Was the audio good quality?

Hilary Lustig
Active Contributor

Re: Video played fine during practice session without embedding first - will it work in the webinar?

Can you update us @kgately ??

kgately
Active Contributor

Update:  The video we were trying turned out had no audio and was fine during the actual webinar, but we did do some experimenting with videos that had audio and they did not work during a test webinar - at least the audio did not work. It's not hard to embed the video, we were having an issue with the presenters not sharing the video with us in advance.