cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebriggs

Virtual Webcam Background

Hi.

Is there a way to put a ditial background behind my big head to block my messy house?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Virtual Backgrounds

Welcome @cduque thanks for checking out our Community.

As mentioned in this thread, you can use ChromaCam, a third party service for customized backgrounds currently. Virtual backgrounds are part of the new GoTo app experience and will be available on GoTo Webinar when it's launched sometime this year. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

44 REPLIES 44
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Custom Background

There are other virtual meeting software that will allow you to do this, but GoTo does not. 

Some webcams come with software that allows you to add a background. There might be third-party software that will let you add a background to your webcam that could be seen by GoTo.

Golder
Active Contributor

Re: Custom Background

I talked to Support earlier this week and was told that GoToWebinar has partnered with Chromacam.me . However, you have to purchase from Chromacam.me.  I contacted them, but it took 4 days for them to return my request for information. They do not offer a phone number on their site. GoToWebinar also offered SnapCamera.snapchat.com, but I thought that was too playful and not for professional use.

AZT
New Contributor

Virtual Backgrounds

When can we expect virtual backgrounds in GTW?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We plan to offer additional webcam support for virtual backgrounds very soon.  Thanks for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

SCLD
Active Contributor

Webcam background on GoToWebinar

Hi, 

I have had a request from a panelist at one of my webinars about whether they are able to change their webcam background on GoToWebinar like you can do on Zoom or Teams - does GoToWebinar webcam have this functionality? 

Thanks,

Libby

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Webcam background on GoToWebinar

not now, but it has been suggested here several times.

Golder
Active Contributor

GoToWebinar will use the Chromocam software. Please note that Chromocam has had several issues and updates, since we purchased it. It can be frustrating. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Golder  Sorry, can you say what issues you've experienced while integrating ChromaCam with your GoTo webcam feed?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

PAI931
Visitor

We have had several clients request an integrated virtual background for GoToWebinar so much so there have been requests to switch to Zoom or WebEx Events.  I do not want to switch!  Unfortunately, the third party apps do not work for most of our panelists .  Does anyone have an update on the progress of adding one in GoToWebinar?