cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Virtual Backgrounds

@PAI931  [Update]  This is now fully supported in desktop GoToWebinar environments.  Please keep in mind that there will be added CPU demand when creating a virtual background, so you may want to test the functionality while in session before you go live with an audience. 

Support documentation can be found here: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-change-my-webcam-background 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Thom Ulmet
New Contributor

Thom Ulmet
New Contributor

Just downloaded ChromaCam *free. It has a few virtual back ground options but you CANNOT create virtual backgrounds or add your own custom backgrounds. 

Thom Ulmet
New Contributor

Update: You can create and upload a powerpoint slide that can appear as a background. That seems to be the best option for creating a virtual background.
gwtechllc
Active Contributor

Re: Webcam background on GoToWebinar

Although this is a G2W thread, I downloaded the ChromaCam Beta in January and used it for several meetings.  I recently had to uninstall it due to bandwidth issues (I believe).  I opened a new topic for it this evening.

Rach1
Active Contributor

Hi there - I note in May last year, there were plans in place to allow panelists to choose backgrounds for their webcams to disguise their backgrounds.  Could you please tell me if this is in place yet?

Many thanks

Rach

gwtechllc
Active Contributor

I had tried using the then beta version of the Chromacam add-in, with mixed results.  The software adds an additional virtual camera device to your computer, which then allows you to choose a simulated background within the GoTo apps.  The trouble I ran into when using this was that it seemed to impair the audio and video quality experienced during the meeting while the Chromacam virtual device was in use. 

Although switching back to the physical device resolved the presentation quality issues, it is unclear whether the issue was related to the Chromacam App requiring a significant portion of the internet bandwidth or latency issues.  However when I raised the question, a LogMeIn comment was posted back that it probably wasn't bandwidth since I had 200 Mbps down / 15 Mbps up cable.  It was suggested that my laptop (8th gen. i7) did not have enough processing power to support the Chromacam App.  This is disappointing, since other vendors do not have this problem with excessive CPU/GPU requirements limiting capabilities.

Rach1
Active Contributor

Thank you for your response - that's disappointing to hear.

Perhaps I should escalate to GoToWebinar for a response to this, to see if patches are in place to resolve this issue that many people seem to be experiencing.

Thank you

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Rach1  It is expected that running the additional ChromaCam app in the background will also cause additional CPU demands.  In cases where your presentation applications or background apps are demanding of resources, you might want to test your system with the background active before going live to an audience. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Rach1
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC 
Thank you for your response to this query.  We will certainly run some tests in GoToWebinar.  Apologies if I've missed this - are there instructions within GoToWebinar for downloading the ChromaCam app within GoToWebinar?  Can we tailor/brand the backgrounds in any way too?

Thank you for your help