cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Virtual Webcam Background

@Rach1   The directions are found on this support article: https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-change-my-webcam-background

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Rach1
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC  - thank you for the link.  I have downloaded the software.  I have questions however. 

Is there a way of only downloading this application just once and bringing in the backgrounds into GoToWebinar for the panelists/co-organisers to choose a background within the system? 

Or does everyone need to download their own copy, some colleagues/external speakers may not be able to do this? 

I also note that many of the backgrounds required a paid licence, which is unfortunate.

Is there a way of bringing this facility within the GoToWebinar system in one place?  Perhaps this is the case already, and I am missing something?

Many thanks for your help with this.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Rach1  Attendees do not need to download Chromacam. 

There may be additional benefits to paid subscriptions, but you do not need one for the functionality here.  You should be able to use your own pictures as backgrounds. 

I haven't heard of any developments to add backgrounds to the GoTo webcam functionality, but we'll update the Community should a timeline become available. 

Rach1
Active Contributor

Dear @AshC 

Thank you for your update. I will investigate the personalised backgrounds in the app.

It would be ideal if the background functionality could be incorporated within the system.  This would eliminate the need for panelists, external speakers, etc having to download the software themselves, some may not be permitted to for instance.

Please keep me posted if this can happen in the future.

Best wishes

Golder
Active Contributor

There is one drawback to not having a subscription. The Chromacam logo stays in the webcam view and cannot be removed, unless you have a paid subscription.

johnjoe
New Contributor

Re: Virtual Backgrounds

Hello, I am using an Apple Mac with M1 chip. ChromacamPro now supports this hardware, however the download file in GoToWebinar hasn't been changed and it still will not open for me. Could you please send a request to update the download file? Thanks!

Joseph

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@johnjoe  Are you using the download link from this support article specifically?   https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-change-my-webcam-background 

johnjoe
New Contributor

Yes, the link which is shown under "Settings" in GoToWebinar.  I have the feeling that this is not the most up to date installation (which could explain why it isn't working for me).

Thanks, Joseph

johnjoe
New Contributor

Any movement on this issue? Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@johnjoe  I'm afraid we don't have a lot of documentation around Chromacam troubleshooting.  Have you contacted Customer Care to document your environment and see if there's anything else that can be done?