cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Webcam mirroring

HELP! WEBINAR TODAY! I have a presenter who is struggling because she is demoing something through her internal webcam and it is reversed. The internal webcam app on windows does not control mirroring, and in fact when she uses the webcam itself (not in GoToWebinar) it is not reversed, and when she uses Zoom it is not reversed. I don't see a control for mirroring in the GoToWebinar webcam utility. Can someone advise?

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
2 REPLIES 2
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Webcam mirroring

GoTo mirrors the webcam and also crops the webcam image.  Apparently there is no way to defeat these "features" that have been discussed here a few times.  I hope GoTo can add a defeat switch to turn off these "features" when we don't need them.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Webcam mirroring

Hi @Fran_Simon

The only webcam controls we have are switching between 4:3 and 16:9 ratios. That being said, all webcams come with their own control software, it doesn't matter if they are internal or USB. If you open their software on your computer you can use all of their features like mirroring the image. Clicking Advanced in the Webcam section of GoToMeeting's Properties should open that software for you. If for any reason your computer does not have webcam software installed you can always download it from the manufacturer. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training