cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Webcast start message for attendees

When an attendee joins a Webcast with his browser he gets a message from GoToWebinar that says that the session will be recorded and if he does'nt want to be recorded he has to deactivate the audio and not share the screen (I don't know how it is in english since I get it in italian. I have: "La sessione viene registrata. Se non desirei essere registrato, disattiva l'audio e non condividere lo schermo. Puoi anche abbandonare la sessione".)

This messages scares the attendees who think they can be registered somehow and they think they have to do sometning to prevent this. Since in a Webcast attendees CANNOT be upgraded to speakers there is NO WAY they will be recorder.  I'm right? If so, this messages who scares them is USELESS and WRONG, so how can ask to GTW developers to remove this messageScreenshot 2018-12-20 16.34.36.png

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Webcast start message for attendees

@webinareducatio  Sorry for any confusion there. 

The recording warning is a standard security notice for all participants, similar to those when entering a private property that runs CCTV.  In other words we need to let them know there is the possibility of their audio or video (webcams) being recorded by the Organizer at any time.  The messaging cannot be changed or altered.

Active Contributor

You might be right when talking of a Classic Webinar, but thet CAN'T be recorder if we are running a WEBCAST. They see this in their browser (not the app). We can't elevate them to other roles since it is a WEBCAST, so there is definitively no way we can record them. Or somehow we can and i'm wrong?

LogMeIn Contributor

@webinareducatio  The recording message refers to all Audio and Video for the entire conference.  The web app for GoToWebinar Webcast Attendees allows for audio interactions, where the warning would be applicable.  I apologize if it is confusing in any way.

Active Contributor

@AshC You say that the web app for Webcast Attendees allows for audio interactions, but how?

I've tried again right now... and there is no way to activate the mic of an attendee in a Webcast, so the warning is wrong.

If you are sure that the mic can be activated please show me how.

LogMeIn Contributor

@webinareducatio  Yes, there are a few different options to route attendees into the web app -- Webcast specifically is listen-only.  Sorry for the confusion.  The other instant join options do allow for microphone input from Attendees, which is where that messaging comes from:  for the entire web app protocol.  I don't think the messaging can be changed for just Webcast Webinars, but I will inquire with the product teams.

Active Contributor

Than You @AshC.

I do hope that  message can be avoided in the Webcast webninars, or at least it would help if the message could be changed. I don't know how the english messages is, but the italian one is:

"La sessione viene registrata. Se non desirei essere registrato, disattiva l'audio e non condividere lo schermo. Puoi anche abbandonare la sessione".)

and should be changed to:

"La sessione viene registrata. Se attivi il tuo microfono o condividi il tuo schermo in GoToWebinar saresti incluso nella registrazione.".)