cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JeanSmith
Active Contributor

Webcast - chat not showing for all attendees

We used the GTW webcast today and it left me with questions as an organizer.  We really like the streamlined look for attendees and I hope this is the view of the future.

As an organizer, the pre-entered info showed in the chat on the control panel and in the attendee question box. But any additional information added to the chat on the control panel and sent to all attendees, did not show on the attendee view of the webcast. 

Our workaround was to quickly sign in as an attendee; ask an innocuous question and then answer as an organizer through the question box from the control panel. Why, because when you answer something in the question box as an organizer and choose send to all, the response that attendees see includes the original question.  We want to be considerate to our attendees and continue to encourage interaction through the question box.

Do we have something set up incorrectly in our webinar set up that would fix this? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jean

moderator edit: title for clarity

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Webcast

Hi @JeanSmith there aren't currently any issues with chat, one thing that can be confusing is that there is a 20 second lag, so attendees won't see the message you post like the one below for 20 seconds after its posted. Can you check that during your next webcast?

Screenshot 2022-11-14 162721.jpg

Attendees can also see handouts under the tab marked in the image below.  

Screenshot 2022-11-14 163750.jpg

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @JeanSmith nice to see you around. I'm having a bit of trouble following what you would like to do during your webcast, you may need to break it down for me further.  The initial welcome message can't be altered when the webcast starts. The best way to communicate with all of the attendees during the webcast and have them see is through the chat function on the bottom of the panel. Let me know if this helps.  

Screenshot 2022-11-08 162516.jpg

JeanSmith
Active Contributor

Type: Webcast

We have a preloaded message that is part of our webinar set up. Shows fine in attendee question box when webcast starts.

During live webcast, any info added to chat by me and sent to all, does not then show to attendees.

Required info added as a response to a question in the question box to show.

Also, my other question about webcasts - does a webcast allow for handouts like a webinar does?

Jean

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @JeanSmith nice to hear back from you and thanks for a bit more context. I'm going to break down your response: 

• We have a preloaded message that is part of our webinar set up. Shows fine in attendee question box when webcast starts.

It sounds like it is working as intended. You can see the preloaded message in Chat. Here you can see my view as organizer. My prerecorded message, "Welcome to my test we will be with you shortly" shows up for me right under chat. I can not change that. 

Screenshot 2022-11-09 152948.jpg

• During live webcast, any info added to chat by me and sent to all, does not then show to attendees.

Can you verify that you are typing into chat to all and have All-Entire Audience checked? 

KateG_1-1668037070743.png

• Required info added as a response to a question in the question box to show. 

Can you elaborate on this question?

• Also, my other question about webcasts - does a webcast allow for handouts like a webinar does?

Yes. The webcast functions very much like a webinar. As a presenter, you can share handouts. See my first screenshot where it lists Handouts 0 of 5. 

JeanSmith
Active Contributor

Hi

Yes, the message typed in the chat box of the control panel by the organizer was sent to all. It was not visible on the attendee view.

Also, during a webcast, if there is a handout, does it show in the attendee view?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @JeanSmith there aren't currently any issues with chat, one thing that can be confusing is that there is a 20 second lag, so attendees won't see the message you post like the one below for 20 seconds after its posted. Can you check that during your next webcast?

Screenshot 2022-11-14 162721.jpg

Attendees can also see handouts under the tab marked in the image below.  

Screenshot 2022-11-14 163750.jpg