cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jane Moore

Re: Do people who cannot attend the original webinar and who plan to watch the recording still have to register for the webinar?

I'm having a related problem - when people register to watch the recording I receive an email to 'approve' them, but when I try to it says: 'The number of approved registrants is greater than the attendee limit you have set. You can only approve registrants up to the limit.'

Does this mean that only as many people who can attend the live event can view the recording? If yes, why?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Do people who cannot attend the original webinar and who plan to watch the recording still have to register for the webinar?

Hi Jane,
If you had originally set the webinar registration limits, and used Online Recording to tie the same / original registration preferences to the follow up email with recording link, then all the original restrictions would still apply.

Alternatively, you may upload the recording separately to the My Recordings section, then include that link in the follow-up emails if you wanted to have unrestricted access for Attendees to stream on demand.  You would have to edit the follow-up email setting to include the webinar recording before the email was set to send out-- 1 day should be plenty of time.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Jane Moore

Hi Ash, I didn't set the registration limits, it's just what our plan allows, it's a real pain having to download it and re-upload it again, just so that someone who was unable to get a place on the live event can access the recording! Doh! 😞
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Jane,
GoToWebinar's registration settings are in a specific area when scheduling the customer webinar under 'Registration Settings'; 'Webinar Size' (Registrant Limit) --- Although I don't believe this can be changed after the event unfortunately.

Jane Moore

Hi Ash, I can't change the registrant limit anyway, it's just what our GTT plan allows, we cannot have more than 25 registrants. I'll just upload the recording again and do it that way - it is a bit of a faff though isn't it.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm sorry, I thought you were replying to the services originally posted on this thread:  GoToWebinar (which has a capacity of 10x registrations compared to GoToTraining's strict limits).

The same can be said however if you do choose to manually upload the GoToTraining recording yourself, as these can be used indefinitely.

Jane Moore

Thanks, that's useful to know, I'll just manually upload in the future, even though it's a PITA! 🙂
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: What is Best-Practice for Sharing Replays/Recordings of my webinar & reporting for replays?

Hi Lisa,

If you have Online Recording enabled in your account settings, once you finish recording your webinar the recording will show up in My Recordings once it is ready (you can also manually upload a recording). Once the recording is ready you can attach it to your follow up emails and associate it with your webinar so that anyone that registers for it will be taken to the recording. You can also share the recording and have registrants taken to the original webinar registration page or to a simple name and email registration.
See who viewed a recording When an attendee goes to the recording page, they will be prompted to register first. This means that you can view a list of who has registered to view the recording at any time.

1. Log in at https://global.gotowebinar.com.

2. Click My Recordings in the left navigation.

3. Find the desired recording and click the number link in the "Views" column.

4. You will see a list of each registrant's name and email address. To export it as an Excel file, click Recording Report.

Note: This report will only show the registrant's name and email address. To see the custom registration questions for a registrant who viewed the webinar's associated recording using the original registration link, please run the Registration Report.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
msarah
Active Contributor

Sharing Recordings

We recently started saving our webinar recordings to the 'My Recordings' page instead of our individual computers. We just completed a webinar yesterday and under that specific webinar in My Recordings it says that someone has viewed our webinar recording when we NEVER shared the link to the recording or posted the recording to our channel. How is this possible? We don't want our webinars being viewed unless we give exclusive privilege to people!

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Sharing Recordings

Hi @msarah,

Can you please check your webinars Follow Up email settings, it is possible the email was sent already with a link to the recording. Since you have to register to view a recording, you should be able to see who viewed it by running a report: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/recorded-webinar-report-g2w050005

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training