cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msarah
Active Contributor

Re: Sharing Recordings

Exactly, it's like the call center had no idea what I was trying to explain. Hopefully this helps you - as of now that is how I have fixed the issue, as soon as the webinar is complete I go into its settings and uncheck that box.
Nita19
New Contributor

Re: How are strangers viewing my GoToWebinar recordings without the link?

Do you know what Jonathan did to turn this option off?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Nita19  From your your Past Webinar schedule, the Registration category houses the Recording option for After the webinar ends, new registrants view a recording.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Nita19
New Contributor

How do turn it off? I turned it off before the webinar when setting it up under the registration 

After the webinar ends, new registrants view a recording the box wasn't checked. Yet I have someone who hadn't registered for the webinar access the recording.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Nita19  If you also included the webinar recording in followup Emails to Attendees, then they can easily share the recording link with anyone.

If you don't want the recording available, you may delete it from the My Recordings section of your online account.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

As it turns out, the functionality when using Online Recording is to automatically activate recordings post-broadcast for GoToWebinar followup emails to Attendees and Absentees.  This was done because the expected (default) behavior of most organizations is to include the webinar recordings for absentees to watch on demand.

If you do not want your automatically stored and linked Online Recordings to attach to any followup event, then you will have to uncheck the box to "Share recording with new registrants"  in the Email settings for the specific webinar.

Connective
Active Contributor

How to un-link a webinar cloud recording with the original registration link?

Our recent webinar ended 2 days ago yet we are still receiving compelted registrations for people wanting to attend. Is there a way to redirect anyone coming to the registration form, after the webinar has closed, to a page or message that tells them the webinar has already taken place? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Is there a way to disable the registration form for GoToWebinar after the webinar has already en

@Connective  If you linked the GoToWebinar recording with the post-webinar instructions for Registrants, then that behavior is normal.

For new registrants after the webinar ends:

NewRegRecSetting.PNG

If on you don't want the recording available to any new registrants, you can include it in the Follow-up Emails to Attendees and Absentees instead.

seminars_iscc
New Contributor

Remove link, but not recording

Under the old GotoWebinar interface, there was a way (under "Manage Recordings") to remove the registration link without actually removing the recoring. Then, I could share the video, which had teh effect of generating a new link. We maintain control over the recordings, but the original invitations to attend the live presentation are public. The goal is to inactivate that old link, which will persist on social media.

Thanks.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Remove link, but not recording

Go to the webinar you wish to adjust and click to expand the  REGISTRATION section.  There you will find the After the Video section where you should be able to click and REMOVE the recording from the webinar registration.

If you wish, you could add any video here, like a marketing video for your company.