cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: continue to receive webinar registrations over a year after webinar took place

I count on the webinar registration link to NOT expire after the end of the webinar.  When people try to register for our webinar after the webinar is over, they get the recording of the webinar.

Your needs are different.  AshC gave some good advice.

I do not see a way to delete a past webinar?  AshC, can you look into this feature request?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: continue to receive webinar registrations over a year after webinar took place

The need to delete past events is one of our top requests, and I believe work is being done on it soon-- although I'm not sure when this function will be ready yet...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
rpstl
New Contributor

I didn't know about this use case (video access). Then it makes sense to keep it live but still it will be good to e.g. have a message saying something like "the event is over but to access the recording please register...." etc.

klmonline
Contributor

Re: Is there a way to disable the registration form for GoToWebinar after the webinar has ended

This is a feature lack and needs to be addressed in a future release. Saying "it is normal behavior" ignores the problem. We can change the description and say "DON'T REGISTER FOR THIS!" but people don't read their screens. We can't disable the registration page after the event, we can't delete the event from our past events list, we can't lower the number of allowed registrations to block additional ones, and we can't change to requiring approvals for new registrations. 

We need a way to prevent new users for registering for past events and series. Please add this to the roadmap.

UserNameEML
New Contributor

Disable Automatic Video Attachment To Original Registration Link

I do not want my attendees to have access to the video of the webinar after the session ends.   Yet, in this new "upgrade" of GTW, it seems that this option - After Session Video  - was enabled.   Is this the default?

My urgent question is how to stop the attendees of a recent webinar who are now accessing the video?   Would removing the video work? When I try to "unselect" the video, the name remains in the After Session Video option box which I believe means it is still there as the option.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Disable After Session Video

Hi,

If you are using GoToWebinar Cloud Recording, then you should simply disable the option in the webinar's settings for 'After the webinar ends registrants will be brought to the recording' and 'Include the recording link in the follow up email'.

UserNameEML
New Contributor

Thank you. I am using GTW recording. Initially, I was not able to deselect the option of attendees getting the video. I thought perhaps that once the webinar was over and the link had been sent out, it could not be recalled.  However, after logging out and rebooting, I see the video is no longer listed.  

JensPF
New Contributor

Hi,

this cant really be 'disabled'. I can select a video or keep it empty, but there is no option to enable/ disable that feature.

How can we stop that behaviour but keep using cloud recording?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 3.46.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-22 at 3.47.08 PM.png

julieswork
Active Contributor

Re: Sharing Recordings

I am having the same issue. We opted not to automatically share a recording with our attendees, but we see that 3 outside people have viewed our video. None of them registered for the event. Is this a security breach?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Sharing Recordings

@julieswork  Did you check that the webinar recording was not included in the follow up email, or that the event was set on the schedule as 'new registrants watch the recording' ?