cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_CGN
New Contributor

Webinar Registration Link now leads to my cloud recording?

Hey there. If someone clicks on the GTW-registration link after the webinar has ended, they can view the recording. But i dont want that ... So, how can I prevent customers from seeing my recordings? Thank you Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How to prevent seeing my recordings?

@Chris_CGN  The only way for an old registration link to lead to a cloud recording is if that scheduled webinar had checked the feature for 'send new registrants to the recording' on the emails customization section. 

** We plan to change the default behavior for this in the future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

101 REPLIES 101
Jodi1

Do people who cannot attend the original webinar and who plan to watch the recording still have to register for the webinar?

People are asking if they need to register if they cannot attend the webinar, and I don't know what to tell them. I'm not finding the answer on the website quickly enough.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Do people who cannot attend the original webinar and who plan to watch the recording still have to register for the webinar?

Hi Jodi,

The choice is actually yours, it just depends on if you want to gather more registration details than just name and email address. Once your webinar is over you can have the recording linked to the follow up email, that way everyone who registered will receive a link to view it. You can also share a link with anyone that will take them to the registration page before showing them the recording, or just require their name and email address. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
dotty

Re: Do people who cannot attend the original webinar and who plan to watch the recording still have to register for the webinar?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Adding a recording link in my own email service provider.

Adding a link to my recorded webinar in my own email service provider.

When I tr yot do this, it seems people have to register to watch the replay. They're taken to a registration page and have to add their first and last name and email. 

How do I just simply send my emai list a link to watch the replay? 
Tom_W
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hey Dotty, if the recordings you're sharing are being hosted by us, then a user will be required to at least enter their first name, last name, and email address to view the recording.   Unfortunately there is no way for you to remove that step in the process.  
If you would prefer that a user is not required to enter in any details prior to viewing the recording, you may consider perhaps the option of uploading the recording to a 3rd party video hosting service such as YouTube or Vimeo and sharing it from there.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: how do I send attendees a link to my recorded webinar?

Hi Kim,

After your webinar you can upload your recording to your account and attach it to the follow up email for attendees and registrants that were unable to attend. Another option is share the link from your My Recordings.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Smita Patel

How are strangers viewing my GoToWebinar recordings without the link?

We have only recently started using GoToWebinar and have been tentative about offering our recordings online.

We did record the last two webinars. But we have not yet shared the link for either of them. But I just looked at the recording report and found that both webinars have been viewed by people I don't know and never shared the link with. They also do not have access to our GoTo account. So how did they access the recordings? 
Tom_W
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How are strangers viewing my GoToWebinar recordings without the link?

Hello Smita, no one should have access to your recordings if you have not shared them and we are unaware of any issues that would allow such a thing.  We would very much like to take a closer look at this situation with you.  Would you be able to call into our technical support so we may take a closer look?

Click the link below for a list of our customer care phone numbers:
http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/phone

Smita Patel

Hi Tom, Trying to call now. I did call the support line initially, but was told to share my concerns here. 
Smita Patel

Thanks Tom! I just got off the phone with Jonathan who helped solve the mystery.

There is a setting buried in Webinar History under Recordings that apparently defaulted to "Share recording with new registrants." So people who found the registration link after the webinar ended and clicked on it had the option to register and were then shown the video regardless of whether we chose to publicly share the link or not.

Jonathan showed me how to change that option. I thought I'd post the details here so others are aware of it. It could be a nice feature if you are sure you want to share the video. But otherwise, folks may want to make sure it's not on.  I appreciate your responsiveness.