cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmyC
Active Contributor

Re: Disallow Viewing of Recording Webinars

I agree - I did not know late registrants would automatically be able to view the recording of a webinar! This appears to be the case even if on-time registrations require manual approval. 

I thought I read that any security settings set for a webinar, such as manual approval required, automatically applied to the corresponding recordings? Is this not the case, or did this change? 

Is there documentation of this feature which seems to be more a bug than asset?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: How to prevent seeing my recordings?

After the end of the webinar you can go in the Dashboard, in the Registration section, and disassociate the recording where it says After Session Video.

You can also download the recording and delete it from the GoTo cloud.  Then nobody will see it.

Chris_CGN
New Contributor

Many thanks for your quick reply.

I´ve checked my settings and there is no video selected in "After Session Video".

I do not want to generally prevent the distribution of the records. I just want to decide who gets to see them. So, delete it from the GoTo cloud is  no option.

Maybe its easier with an example. Look at  https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/4436502337009404687

This Webinar is over. Anyone who has this link saved can view the record after filling in the registration fields.

I would like a site that says "The webinar is over. If you want to see the record please contact {mymail or phone-numer}."

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Chris_CGN  The only way for an old registration link to lead to a cloud recording is if that scheduled webinar had checked the feature for 'send new registrants to the recording' on the emails customization section. 

** We plan to change the default behavior for this in the future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
OliviaJi
New Contributor

Re: continue to receive webinar registrations over a year after webinar took place

Hi Ash,

Is there an update on when the ability to delete past events or restrict registration for past events will be enabled?

Many thanks,

Olivia

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: continue to receive webinar registrations over a year after webinar took place

@OliviaJi   I will try to get a new update from the team soon.

Golder
Active Contributor

We do not want GoToWebinar to add After Session Videos Automatically

I learned today that if you use GoToWebinar to send an email to registered attendees that did not attend, they automatically get a link to the webinar recording. We do not want this to be automated. We use on demand when we want to share our recordings, because we need to add the attendee evaluations to the the Survey feature.  WE DO NOT WANT TO AUTOMATICALLY SHARE OUR RECORDINGS FOR PROPRIETARY REASONS, whether we send a post webinar email or not.

If this is not corrected, we will remove our business from GoToWebinar under both of our licenses.

Leigh Strinsky
Contributor

Re: We do not want GoToWebinar to add After Session Videos Automatically

Hi there,

You should be able to disable this on the event level.  Go into an upcoming event, click the registration section and you will see that you can select "after webinar video" Make sure there is nothing there.  Also make sure that your follow up email doesn't have a video selected. That choice is below the text box on the editing page.   

You should also go into a previous webinar (registration section) and make sure that you don't have "after webinar video" assigned to the event.

And finally, delete your recording from the cloud. That should take care of your issue!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: We do not want GoToWebinar to add After Session Videos Automatically

Hi,

Soon wee plan to make recording attachments to follow-up events optional, where you can set the default as 'disabled'.

julieswork
Active Contributor

Re: Sharing Recordings

Believe that was an operator error issue as we were new to the platform then.