cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam1471
New Contributor

Webinar support freezes with multiple attendees.

Hi All!

I work on a support desk and we often support webinars using the inbuilt support feature for gotowebinar.

Usually, it's fine but when we launch products and have 200-300+ attendees it's near impossible to answer all the questions as there is around a 20- 30 second pause between each update of questions meaning you have to just click and answer whichever one you get taken into. 

I have 16 GB of ram and have a download speed of 150mb on a good day so am wondering what I can do to improve this as it's obviously not the setup I have.

We host a live presentation with video and audio. 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Webinar support freezes with multiple attendees.

Can you give us a little more details about the 10-30 second pause to which you are referring?  What do you actually see?

And what do you mean by "answer whichever one you get taken into"?  I assume you are referring to the Question panel within GoToWebinar.  Are you clicking one one question, and it takes yo to a different question?

adam1471
New Contributor

Hi Chris.

You are correct I'm referring to the question panel.

To specify more, we would have the whole panel full of questions but instead of the list moving up as normal and new questions being added one by one nothing would happen for around 20-30 seconds, and all of a sudden the whole list updates to new questions because they are coming in so quickly the question panel can't handle it.

So you would click on one of the questions to open it up and respond whilst it's frozen and you will maybe get that question open after 5-10 seconds or another random one from the list will open.

It's pretty much impossible to support the webinar effectively so just wondering how we can resolve it.

The issue clearly isn't with my device and the other support members have the exact same issue. Does the device hosting the webinar need certain hardware or internet speed to run this smoothly so we can support it as we would normally?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

We don't get that many questions coming in at one time. Hopefully someone from GoTo can help you with that.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@adam1471  Have you tried undocking the Questions pane from the GoTo control panel, in order to expand the size and see more questions at one time? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!