cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

What happens when a co-organiser records a section of a webinar then leaves the webinar...

If a co-organiser records a section then leaves the webinar (but leaves it running, with the original organiser in control) does the recorded file show on their device once they leave, or only once the webinar is ended for all?  I'm trying to figure out a way to run a 6 hour session but have a co-organisers create a separate recording for each hour or two by joining, recording, exiting, re-naming the recorded file, then re-joining, starting a recording again and so on.

Is that possible? Or am I going to need more co-organisers?!
5 REPLIES 5
Active Contributor

Re: What happens when a co-organiser records a section of a webinar then leaves the webinar...

That should work. If you run in to any issues, let us know.
New Contributor

Re: What happens when a co-organiser records a section of a webinar then leaves the webinar...

There is nothing like a solid response.  It should work and let us know if you run into issues doesn't answer the question.  Has this been tested?  I understand that if you stop and restart a recording it will append to the original recording. 
Active Contributor

No we have not tested this use case specifically, but based on the design of the feature there is no reason it should not work. I am happy to consult with the engineers and get a firmer response, but it will take time. In the mean time suggest trying it using Practice mode or a dry-run Webinar so you can be absolutely sure it will work as you want it to. 
Active Contributor

I've spoken with the development team and they agree it should work. Again, we have not tested this specific use case so I recommend a dry run to ensure it works as you wish. If you encounter any issues, please let us know.
LogMeIn Manager

When an organizer/co-organizer records a session, it is saved directly to their hard drive. This means you can have more than one person recording a session at the same time, so in theory this use case should work but as Chris points out it is not something we have actively tested.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!