cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SashaF
Active Contributor

Re: When viewing an on-demand webinar how does an attendee pause the webinar?

Agree, our organization is thinking of doing the same.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SashaF  I don't have a timeline yet for on-demand improvements, but we will certainly update the Community if we hear anything soon. Thanks for your patience.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

As I said, this has always been the norm for me.  As the Organizer, I start the video playing.  Every attendee seems to get a slightly different start time. Most times, the extra computer I am using to track the webinar as an Attendee starts the video before the video starts on the Organizer/presentation computer.  I have seen as much as a 30-second delay.

When the Organizer starts the video, that sends a signal to the GoTo web server to send that video to the webinar Attendees instead of the live feed.  The video itself does not originate from the Organizer/presenter computer.  Due to the nature of the Internet, everyone cannot have the video start at the same time if you are playing back a file.

My big question is "how do I know when everyone has finished watching the video so I can go back to the live presentation?"

JillD510
Active Contributor

The On Demand webinars do NOT have a Play/Pause button. Will this feature be added back? We get a lot of complaints but want to use On Demand for the Chat/Polling features so just providing a video isn't an option.

AngryLPUser
New Contributor

No, they don't.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@AngryLPUser welcome to the Community. This is an older thread and I've updated the accepted solution.

You are able to pause on demand webinars with the pause/play button on the bottom.  

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training