cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Line
Active Contributor

Why can I book two webinars to run simultanously? Can I "overrule" booked webinar with another?

1) How come it is possible to book two webinars to take place at the same time? Shouldn't GTW block for the second booking?

2) Does that mean, that I can start another webinar at a time, where another webinar is booked in, and thereby overrule/interrupt the already booked webinar? Shouldn't GTW ensure that it can not happen?

🙂 

GTW1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Why can I book two webinars to run simultanously? Can I "overrule" booked webinar with

Part of the reason you can schedule simultaneous webinars is due to the option for on-demand / recorded / simulated-live events, which are allowed to occur at the same time.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Why can I book two webinars to run simultanously? Can I "overrule" booked webinar with

You might book a new webinar and temporarily assign a date and time that might conflict with another until you can move it to the final date/time.  A flashing warning sign when you schedule two a the same time would be nice, just in case you don't notice the issue, or in situations like mine, where multiple people can schedule webinars.

If you try to start a new webinar while a webinar is already running you will get the message asking if you want to end the running webinar. If you do that, the running webinar will stop, and the new webinar will start.

Yes, this is helpful, as there have been instances where the running webinar is stuck in the On position, and the only way to stop it is to create a new webinar and start it, thus stopping the webinar that won't stop.  Rare, but it has happened.

Line
Active Contributor

Thanks 🙂 

I think that it would be much better if GTW did not allow for booking two webinars at the same time, or at least would make a flashing warning sign when trying to.

Your point with being able to make a new webinar if the other is stuck is good 🙂 However it would be nice if the host of the ongoing webinar  had to allow the "new" webinar to start, to avoid that others start a webinar while your own is onging.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Part of the reason you can schedule simultaneous webinars is due to the option for on-demand / recorded / simulated-live events, which are allowed to occur at the same time.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Line
Active Contributor

okay that makes sense 🙂