cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simoneo81

Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

I'm running macOS Catalina (10.15.3) and I'm not able to share my camera during a GoToWebinar session.

In Security & Privacy preferences, Privacy tab, GoToMeeting isn't listed in camera settings panel.

I've already tried a re-install of the GoToMeeting application.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Mac webcam not working, not appearing in security pane

Hi,

If you are seeing GoToMeeting in the Security and Privacy setting of your Mac in the Camera section, please try the following:

• Launch the GoToMeeting software from your Applications folder (if you do not have it installed join our test meeting to install it)
  • Click on GoToMeeting in your toolbar to open the menu and then select Preferences
  • In Preferences select Webcam, this should trigger a preview of the webcam and your Mac to list GoToMeeting in the Security and Privacy settings so you can give it access

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

Hi @simoneo81 ,

The Organizer will also need to have the setting checked to 'allow staff to share webcams' in their online account settings. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
csusalazar

I have now had this problem on two separate webinars. It is not a settings issue on my side. It seems to be something with Catalina/gotowebinar. If a panelist is using their mac with Catalina, Gotowebinar does not show up as an option to check in the settings. 

csusalazar

Hello! Did you ever get this resolved? It has been an issue for me a few times now.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

The newest Mac operating system on computers and iPads has a security setting in the computer's System Preferences (Security) to allow certain programs to access the webcam.  You need to check that first before it will work in GoTo.

csusalazar

Yes, that has worked before and I have always done practice rounds with Mac users to make sure we address this. But in both these instances GotoWebinar does not even show up as an option in the list of programs to check in the Security settings to access webcam. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Reboot the Mac and then check the System Preferences security settings before opening GoTo.

Also, Catalina changed other things about webcams, making some older webcams not work at all.

http://www.mac-compatible-web-cam.com/apple-webcam-news/files/webcam-for-macos-catalina.html 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We continue to investigate this Mac behavioral change and hope to have more answers for this environment soon. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mitmy
Active Contributor

Mac webcam not working, not appearing in security pane

Hi, I think there may be a few of these posts but there are no answers so I'll start a new one in the hope of some help.

Did a tech tech with a panelist for an event next week. they're on a macbook latest OS. Sure enough the camera doesn't work, 

Gotomeeting is not appearing in the webcam security pane at all, so can't even manually add it.

The panelist on my instruction has tried restaring several times, uninstalling/installing software, nothing works, it still won't appear, the message is coming up to allow it in prefences but when the user ets there, nothing.

They are not running any anti virus/firewall software

Skype/teams/zoom all working perfectly.

Another panelist also on a mac, of course had no problems!

Any ideas?

Thanks

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Mac webcam not working, not appearing in security pane

Hi @mitmy 

I believe we have a ticket open with Apple currently to address this issue. We should have some news soon.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training