cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rose3

Re: Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

Two of my colleagues have exactly the same problem. There is no option to chose the camera on the permission settings. It works fine with the microphone and sharing screens, it is just the camera option that doesn't work.

Any update on how to solve this?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

If you are in a GoToMeeting session please go to the Preferences, then click Webcam to see if this triggers the Mac OS permissions offer.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AmnonR
Active Contributor

Re: Mac webcam not working, not appearing in security pane

Hi Glenn,

Any update on the Mac issue? We are experiencing A LT of these problems where GTW/GTM does not even show up in the microphone or camera setting. The issue persists even after a restart of the computer. 

We need to get this resolved asap. We have had to move to Zoom for ~50% of our sessions.

Thanks!

mitmy
Active Contributor

FYI, still having issues here, just now same again a mac desktop no joy, laptop comes up no problem.

I agree Zoom looks increasingly a preferable choice, way more reliable.

mitmy
Active Contributor

And just had the same issue again, right now........

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

If you are in a GoTo broadcast, please try checking the software preferences for the webcam section.  It may be possible to activate the feed by selecting the device locally.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mitmy
Active Contributor

Thanks for your reply

The problem is, these are remote panelists, we are a service provider using GotoWebinar so this is a real issue, They go to to system prefences and Gotomeeting/webinar does not appear there. restarting also does not work.

We can have 2 mac users logging in and 1 will work and 1 won't. PC users work every time.

BernadetteE

I see the same issue - some work, most don't. And all tell me they have no problem in Zoom.
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

If you are seeing GoToMeeting in the Security and Privacy setting of your Mac in the Camera section, please try the following:

• Launch the GoToMeeting software from your Applications folder (if you do not have it installed join our test meeting to install it)
  • Click on GoToMeeting in your toolbar to open the menu and then select Preferences
  • In Preferences select Webcam, this should trigger a preview of the webcam and your Mac to list GoToMeeting in the Security and Privacy settings so you can give it access

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Thom Ulmet
New Contributor

So looking through the replies, this is a continuing issue and GOTOWEBINAR has not resolved it? I have had two events where the presenters could not use their macbooks because gotowebinar would not find their camera and mics. One presenter was using the same macbook which she presented from last year and now it is not working.