cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitmy
Active Contributor

Re: Mac webcam not working, not appearing in security pane

Yes we are still getting issues every now and again but I think that must be interesting to Gotowebinar that it has worked in the past and not now, did she have to download the software again?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi everyone,

We have a ticket open with Apple to find out more about their security restrictions, and why GoTo is suddenly not recognized.  We should get to the bottom of the blockage soon.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
HeyKipp

Re: Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

Going to Preferences > Webcam doesn't seem to work, either. GotoMeeting still doesn't appear in the list in System Preferences.

So very frustrating.

mkiah
Regular Visitor

Hi AshC, thanks for this info!

You may have already posted an update on this in another thread, but do you mind posting something here as well? I'm getting a lot of negative feedback from my mac users and they're starting to just use other software solutions.

Thanks!

AmnonR
Active Contributor

We have used GoToWebinar for hundreds of webinars over that past months and given the competition out there it's a bit outrageous and unfortunate that GoToWebinar is so far behind on so many aspects including this one (given it does has a few small advantages).  

The support for this issue has also been underwhelming. We have just posted this video which we believe solves the issue in about 10 seconds: https://youtu.be/s4-w0pGneic 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

For those who are still affected by this problem, we request you have your custom gather a system diagnosis right after reproducing the problem, then you can file a report using the Feedback Assistant
(https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/welcome) and include the sysdiagnose.

Instructions can be found here:
https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?platform=macos
Once you've filed the report, send me the Feedback ID number by clicking my Community name, then send the direct message privately. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
TrinaWB
New Contributor

This sounds like an easy suggestion but with many presenters not being tech saavy, this is a huge issue.  They don't know how to log one of these tickets, nor are they that interested in doing so when they are a one time presenter.  This is an issue (one upon many) that needs to be resolved.  

mitmy
Active Contributor

Following AmnonR's brilliant solution, I now have a permanent GotoMeeting room and link set up and the moment somebody can't get their permissions to work, I fire them that in an email they open the meeting and they get asked for the permissions, seems to work every time.

Actually had the Mic not getting permissions this week, camera worked fine.....ho hum.

Ron Westerhout
New Contributor

A lot of problems with MAC computers

We are experiencing a lot of problems where GTW/GTM does not even show up in the microphone/ camera/ screen sharing setting. The issue persists even after a restart of the computer. This resolve in that our presenters can not join our meetings.

We have had to move to Zoom for 50% of our sessions.

Is there a solution for this? Is there any specific information available what to do as an presenter when this happens? Do you have any download link to resolve this problem?

Thank you!

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: A lot of problems with MAC computers

Have you seen this discussion?

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Mac-webcam-not-working-not-appearing-in-sec... 

It is an odd workaround, but apparently works until GoTo can update GoToWebinar.