cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohanVG

Re: Why can't I share my camera on macOS Catalina?

I have had 3 people with this exact issue and I managed to solve it twice doing this:

Finder > Go > Computer
Macintosh HD > user > click on your account > Get Info
Sharing & Permissions: Click on the lower right lock and enter password
Click on the gear mark at the bottom > Apply to enclosed items > Click OK for the pop-up window (Applying permissions...)
Reboot your mac

The third time it didn't work....

joshmfish
New Contributor

Re: Mac webcam not working, not appearing in security pane

I was having the same issue today with a tech check. Nothing on the macbook would fix it. They even has an external mic and that was picked up but not the internal webcam. Why has this been an ongoing issue for years? "Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't make us look silly"

mitmy
Active Contributor

I couldn't agree more, We have an annual contract and when that's due for renewal next year, I'm really thinking of moving everything over to Zoom.

It looks as though there's absolutely no development going on with GotoWebinar, whether it's this issue or trying to get people's audio connected, the lack of virtual backgrounds, you name it it's just getting a bit tired and I'm struggling to find a reason to keep with it.

However, try the gotomeeting fix, it seems to fix things when I've done it, gotomeeting seems to work where gotowebinar doesn't and then fixes the permissions with gotowebinar.

joshmfish
New Contributor

Ill give GoToMeeting workaround a try next time. Thanks mitmy
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

We have had a support ticket open with Apple for this issue, but they are requesting more information from systems that are experiencing this issue. If the work around of opening the GoToMeeting Preferences from your Toolbar and selecting Webcam does not cause the security prompt, please do the following on your Mac:

1. Launch Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app).
2. Enter this command, followed by the return key, at the Terminal command prompt: sudo sysdiagnose
3. Enter your administrator password when prompted (for sudo access).
4. Press return again (or enter) to proceed with the sysdiagnose capture.

Note: The sysdiagnose process can take 10 minutes to complete. Once finished, the folder “/private/var/tmp/“ should appear automatically in the Finder and the sysdiagnose file there will look similar to this:
“sysdiagnose_2017.08.17_07-30-12-0700_10169.tar.gz”

Note: The sysdiagnose process can take 10 minutes to complete. Once finished, the folder “/private/var/tmp/“ should appear automatically in the Finder and the sysdiagnose file there will look similar to this:
“sysdiagnose_2017.08.17_07-30-12-0700_10169.tar.gz”

Go to https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/welcome to provide Apple feedback about the issue and attach the sysdiagnose file before submitting it. Apple will give you a Feedback ID, if you report that number back to us we will be able to reference it with them as we follow up on our ticket.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
joshmfish
New Contributor

ANOTHER DAY Another issue! I'm seriously so frustrated with this Mac Issue. Please have someone from GoToWebinar reach out directly.

mitmy
Active Contributor

Just had this issue again.

sent a gotomeeting link, the panelist joined that and it immediately solved the problem, no mucking around with the terminal etc.

Eliza588
New Contributor

This solution did not work for my panelist - do you have another suggestion to try?
His audio worked but there wasn't an option in Chrome to allow GTW to access his webcam.  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Eliza588  The panelist needs to use a desktop app or iPad to fully contribute as a staff member / presenter while in session.  What operating system were they using to join your broadcast?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Eliza588 - The setting to allow GoToWebinar to use the webcam is in the Mac System Preferences, Security, not in the Chrome application