cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

html5-viewer-user@example.org entered instead of a name.

In the last few days we have allot of customers attending our webinars under the name / email html5-viewer-user@example.org

someone knows what is this issue is about

tnx
11 REPLIES 11
LogMeIn Manager

Re: html5-viewer-user@example.org entered instead of a name.

Hi Dor,

That is the default attendee name in the software until the attendee enters their own, it appears that these attendees did not enter any information. Our team has been made aware, thanks.
Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue re. html5-viewer-user@example.org appearing on the attendee list  frequently.  How do I require all attendees to provide their name and email address upon joining the GTM session?  html5-viewer-user@example.org tells me nothing.
New Contributor

Can someone from GoToMeeting please reply to this question?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Dave,

Sorry, currently you cannot require web attendees to enter their name and email address. I filed a ticket for this to be corrected when you reported this issue, I will check to see if there is an update.

New Contributor

Hello, this issue is very important. In the past we had visibility over who attended the meetings and now it gives us the html5-viewer which defeats the whole point. Please confirm if this is going to be fixed or not, otherwise we will move to Webex.
New Contributor

i see i am not the only one who cares about this stupid bug ,CITRIX before you release a product please QA your product 

TNX
New Contributor

Does anybody know if it's been confirmed by Citrix that it's a bug? Will it be fixed soon?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Sorry for the frustration. This is not a bug, your attendees are simply not entering any information when they join so the place holder text is showing up in the reports. We have an enhancement ticket open to require attendees to enter their names and email addresses before they can join.

New Contributor

Glenn, thanks for the response.

This is most certainly a bug. We have been using GoToMeeting for years, and know it well. After changing to the new client software released this year, we have a critical feature - the ability to know who is attending our meetings. The attendees have not changed their behovoir, it's you (Citrix) who has changed your software.

"We have an enhancement ticket open" - does that mean it's actually on the roadmap? Do you have an estimate on when this will be fixed?

Thanks for your feedback