cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

mute gotowebinar (NOT GoToMeeting!) for hearing other audio while watching slides..

Watching a GoToWebinar, there are no "presenter icon" to mute him/her/it/they/them, neither a way to temporarily mute/quieten the webinar while watching in an office etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: mute gotowebinar (NOT GoToMeeting!) for hearing other audio while watching slides..

@Chris Droessler  @hvjunk  We have released a new feature you may be able to utilize in this case:  a No Audio selection in the GoTo audio pane, when you only need to veiw the broadcast and not listen.

8 REPLIES 8
Respected Contributor

Re: mute gotowebinar (NOT GoToMeeting!) for hearing other audio while watching slides..

I was about to say to just mute the speaker on your computer.

But then I re-read your subject line, and it apears you want to mute the sound coming from the GoToWebinar, yet allow other sounds to continue being heard on your computer.  Is this true?  If so, whaat other sounds are you trying to hear? Music, message alerts?

What operating system are you using (Mac, Windows, Linux)?

New Contributor

Answering a SKype call, listening to music while the speaker waffles through introductions (especially when I've joined before the starting time, and need a quick mute till the start etc.)

Respected Contributor

It is possible you might be able to do something like this in the Windows environment, since Windows has a mixer to mix audio from different internal sources. I see no way to do this on a Mac.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @hvjunk 

I'd like to echo @Chris Droessler's suggestion. If you are using Windows you can right-click the speaker icon, select the volume mixer and adjust the volume of individual applications that are running. If you use a Mac I think there may be 3rd party applications that can give you the same ability.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

100% correct ;(
Functionality missing in GoToWebinar ;(

Highlighted
New Contributor

Which MacOSX 3rd party product to spent money on for only GoToWebinar??

Perhaps have a look at VLC's open sourcce code to see how it's done in there to mute and change volume of an application, instead of not providing that function ;(

Respected Contributor

@hvjunk 

Rather than asking why GoTo does not include that feature, you should ask Apple why they choose to not include that feature.  Apple could easily buy a company like Sound Control and include their functionality in Mac OS, and then you would have individual volume control over all your applications..

LogMeIn Contributor

@Chris Droessler  @hvjunk  We have released a new feature you may be able to utilize in this case:  a No Audio selection in the GoTo audio pane, when you only need to veiw the broadcast and not listen.