cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webinarsctct
Active Contributor

"Virtual event" Glitches

I would really love to be able to use the "virtual event" feature. It seems to make creating a webinar series much easier and visually appealing from a landing page/info standpoint. 

However, there are a few issues or glitches I am currently having with it. 

- I can't customize the registration disclaimer like in regular webinars. 

- I don't think I can set up emails for reminders to people? At least that I can find. 

- I can't create custom tracking links to know where people are registering from.

- Once registered, you get an email, no easy way to "add to calendar". You have to go to the landing page in order to add individual sessions. Ideally it should be done from the email. 

- I can't change who that email is from (our webinar emails say they come from us vs. Log Me In). Or provide more information to direct these people what to do to add to calendar and join the sessions by customizing an email.  

- In my test, I can't seem to join a session. I can see the button but I can't get any browsers or devices to actually join it. No one else can either.

- Getting there (to join a session) is not user-friendly either. Our audience is often low-tech. They have to click to go to the page and then wait until the session is broadcast (at least as far as I can tell). And then likely refresh.

- Also, are there live stream capabilities with it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: "Virtual event" Glitches

Hi @webinarsctct 

Virtual Events is a new feature we are still developing, please review the FAQ. More capabilities will be added in the coming months.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @webinarsctct 

Virtual Events is a new feature we are still developing, please review the FAQ. More capabilities will be added in the coming months.

CECBJM
New Contributor

I agree completely. I am not sure releasing this part of GoToWebinar was a good idea before it was capable of letting clients host virtual events to the same caliber as every other virtual event platform out there. 

I would like to add to the list of "glitches", which I more lovingly refer to as features that GoTo needs to fix about their virtual event platform immediately:

• Limiting the number of panelists to 25 is not great for multi-session/multi-day virtual events. I have an event that has well over 40 panelists between 12 sessions. And nowhere when you are creating a virtual event and adding panelists does it tell you that there is a limit until you have reached that limit and it just does not let you add more. 
  • Not being able to promote an attended to a panelist or presenter after a session has started. This is possible in a standard webinar so why can't it be a feature in a virtual event?
  • The formatting in the description of sessions added to a virtual event is non-existent. Everything ends up in one text line with no paragraph spacing, bullets, etc. It works in the description of the overall event so why wouldn't it work in the description of each session?

That's all I have to add to the original post for now, but I am sure I will have more as we inch closer to the start of our virtual event that over 100 people are already registered for as I figure out more of the "glitches" with this platform. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@CECBJM   Thanks for your feedback.

Although these are limited functionalities baked into the Virtual Event webinar type, you can create individual ideas for enhancement consideration on the Ideas board here:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Community-Ideas/idb-p/GoToWebinar_Ideas 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
CECBJM
New Contributor

@AshC - a lot of the issues with virtual events (minus the number of panelists allowed) are things that already exist in the standard webinar. I just want GTW to make the sessions you create in a virtual event match the features/capabilities of a standard webinar. This is not a new idea or enhancement. It is just making your virtual event product match your standard webinars. 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

An increase to the number of Panelists is being worked on and will be coming later in the year.

CECBJM
New Contributor

@Glen Well that is a step in the right direction. Thank you for the update!