cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janeric
New Contributor

why is registration to past events possible?

Hello, 

For my GoToWebniar account it is possible to register to past events. This is quite bad, if customers have links to old events and are able to register to them. 

Is there an option to turn that off? The best solution would be if they would be linked to the recording of the session. 

Thank you

Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: why is registration to past events possible?

In the Dashboard, go into each past webinar and open the Registration section.

Click under After Session Video and remove the link to the recording.  That removes the recording that would play if someone registers for the past webinar.

Also change the Registration Notification to No Notification. That way you do not get an email every time someone tries to register for the past webinar.

I do not know of a way to actually stop allowing people to register using an old registration link.

The recording of the webinar is automatically added to the webinar, so people who try to register after the end of the webinar can watch the recording. As far as I know you cannot change this default.

After each webinar, I always download the recording to edit it in my own video editor, then upload it to the GoTo Cloud where I go in and delete the original recording and link the past webinar to my edited version of the recording.

Another option is to create a simple video that says "Sorry, the webinar occurred in the past, here is the link to a list of our upcoming webinars."  You could upload this video and then attach it to all of your webinars, so people trying to register for  a past webinar will see this video that leads them to your upcoming webinars.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
janeric
New Contributor

ok, i just found out, that that is excatly what happens. I was confues because you get an mail as organizer that you have another registration. 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I setup all of our webinars so that when someone uses an old registration link, they go to the recording.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You could turn off the registration for the past webinars and then issue a link that leads directly to the recording.

janeric
New Contributor

Hi Chris, thank you for your reply. 

Like i said, i found out, that it already links to the recording if the event is in the past. I was just confused by the fact, that they can register normally and i get a mail that someone registered. But i should have tested it out before posting, my bad. 

But what i did not find is a way to turn off registrations for past webinars. If you know how to do that, that would be great. 

Thanks you

Jan

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

In the Dashboard, go into each past webinar and open the Registration section.

Click under After Session Video and remove the link to the recording.  That removes the recording that would play if someone registers for the past webinar.

Also change the Registration Notification to No Notification. That way you do not get an email every time someone tries to register for the past webinar.

I do not know of a way to actually stop allowing people to register using an old registration link.

The recording of the webinar is automatically added to the webinar, so people who try to register after the end of the webinar can watch the recording. As far as I know you cannot change this default.

After each webinar, I always download the recording to edit it in my own video editor, then upload it to the GoTo Cloud where I go in and delete the original recording and link the past webinar to my edited version of the recording.

Another option is to create a simple video that says "Sorry, the webinar occurred in the past, here is the link to a list of our upcoming webinars."  You could upload this video and then attach it to all of your webinars, so people trying to register for  a past webinar will see this video that leads them to your upcoming webinars.

janeric
New Contributor

Hi Chris, 

thank you very much for the elaborate help!