cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MegaManiac
New Contributor

Connecting to AOE network game over Hamachi. Cant see game - not usual problems.

Hi there, been trying to crack this for the past couple of days, but just cant figure it out. First let me give you a run dfown of the exact setup as this seems to me to be an integral part of the problem.

2 PC's connected to BT HH3, one running a Hamachi Server, the other connected to it. Hamachi shows that it is connected with green lights and shows a "direct" connection over UDP.

Now this setup does not allow me to see a game created on the host PC, however if I connect the client to another network (like a teather on my phone, or to BT openzone) then Hamachi connects in the same way but this time I can see the game in AOE.

So the problem lies somwhere in both PC's being connected to the same hub/internet source. I have tried fiddling with a few settings but I am working off a very ameteur knowledge and simply cant get this working.

I have tried placing the host in the DMZ of the router and also port forwarding all the neccessary ports on the client PC, but this makes no difference to the above, so I have since un-done this.

My thinking was to somehow convince one of the PC's that it was connecting to a different network when it was infact connecting to the same network, but im not even sure if this is possible, or if its the right train of thought.

If anyone has any ideas of how to get this up and running I would be super grateful.

Reg

MM 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MegaManiac
New Contributor

Re: Connecting to AOE network game over Hamachi. Cant see game - not usual problems.

Just discovered the solution to my problem is creating a NAT loopback, which the BT HH3 does not support. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MegaManiac
New Contributor

Re: Connecting to AOE network game over Hamachi. Cant see game - not usual problems.

Just discovered the solution to my problem is creating a NAT loopback, which the BT HH3 does not support. 

Darren159

I found I also couldnt see the active LAN game when all the Hamachi settings where set up correctly.  However it worked when I tried to connect directly using the IP of the hosts Hamachi IP (which should be on the top of his Host Game screen)

I know this isnt a fix to the problem you said, but it still lets you get a game up and running.

Gujjar

Yeah! it's Great But have you ever tried Stardew Valley with alll its Stardew Valley Characters