Welcome to the Hamachi Community!
Active Contributor
Accepted Solution

Hamachi Gateway changing adapter to DHCP randomly.

We have a Hamachi gateway configuration on a Server 2012 R2. We have the bridged adapter configured with the static IP of the server along with the DNS. The problem is that roandomly the static configuration desapears and the adapter adopts the optain the IP address automatically leaving all network without connectivity including the server. 

Any ideas?

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Hamachi Gateway changing adapter to DHCP randomly.

Hi emurray,

Static IPs and other settings need to be configured on the LAN connection, not the bridged adapter.

Hamachi "inherits" the bridge settings from the network adapter it is bridged to.

Zsolt is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

Active Contributor

But I can't configure it on the adapter. The properties are configured in the bridged connection since it include both adapters. You can't configure an adapter that is part of a bridge connection separetly. 

LogMeIn Contributor

That is correct. That's why you need to apply such settings on the desired adapter _before_ creating a bridge.

You can delete bridge, modify the settings and than recreate the bridge afterwards. You can do these steps without removing Hamachi - just stop the service and make sure you recreate the bridge with the proper adapters.

Let us know how it goes.

Zsolt is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

Active Contributor

They were configured properly in the adapter before the bridge was created. But I will delete the bridge and check again. 

Active Contributor

I solved this long time a go and forgot to write the answer. For the benefit of anyone facing this issue. 

What I found was that everytime hamachi updates its adapter driver it will reset all adapters to DHCP configuration. So what I did was created a script to check if the bridge was in DHCP or static, if it was in DHCP it would configure the proper IP. 

Any time you uninstall or install hamachi, it will reset the adapters from static to DHCP becuase it will remove or install the adapters driver. Also in the applications update will also do the same. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi !

I have exactly the same problem.

My gateway computer needs to keep its static IP address, but as soon as I install Hamachi, it re-enables DHCP on it, and I can't change IP settings once it's installed.

Could you explain me your script or how to do the same thing ? That would save me !

Jonas