Welcome to the Hamachi Community!
Active Contributor
Accepted Solution

Hamachi Network Adapter Gone (yellow triangle tunnel adapter error)

this has happened these few weeks

so on 13 mar 2016, I decided to move a gateway computer to another new computer.

when suddenly after that, 3 of my computers that ran well before suddenly got error yellow triangle (tunnel adapter error)

2 is windows 7 home premium, and 1 is windows server 2000 (I forgot to take notice if it's 32 or 64 bit)

and a day after that, the new gateway computer error too (well this one is hardware related problem not logmein)

after extensive research, it seems all have the same problems. after installing and joining the network, the hamachi on network adapter gone, and all the hamachi network interface (sometimes there are 2, and sometimes there are 4 on device manager) got yellow triangle too (indicating there;s a problem)

the weird thing is if I try to install with old version hamachi without joining to network, the hamachi network adapter would be there and enabled too. but then, when I join it to network, suddenly the hamachi network adapter disabled and I couldnt enabled it no matter how many times I tried. and if I refreshed the network adapter, then poof, hamachi network adapter gone from there.

so, after trying all the solving methods on internet that includes like :

- reinstall hamachi

- download old version from somewhere else, but when I install and join the network, it automatically updated to the newest version (2.2.0.410) so it's hopeless

- restarting the logmein services

- tried to download kb 825826 (or something) that stated on ur troubleshooting site, but it seems it’s not for win 7 (not trying for win server as it seems for win xp)

- Tried to run winsock fixer (or something like that), but again it seems for win xp, so I abandon the plan
- Have tried to regedit to add name “hamachi” to umm, I forgot where it is, and I cant find the site anymore (and I only see it on 1 site anyway)
- tried to reinstall hamachi, and go to vpn.net site and reinstall with hamachi from this site.

lastly, I tried to reinstall all the windows with win 7 pro (got a lot here).

the weird thing is, after trying, it seems the problem occured mostly (or should I say to ALL) win 7 pro 64 bit.

trying to install 32 bit on 2 computers, and 2 on another 2 that got the same yellow triangle problem, and the 32 bits got fix, while the 64 bits still yellow triangle.

I gave up and tried to email the support.

after some emails, they told me to call there to fix my problem.

ok, there is no other way, so I called.

got helped by the support there (it might not be good to mention the name, so I will just say "the support", but I have send the name on email).

after trying remote-ing to the problems computer, "the support" gave up too, and promised to find the problem and contact me again.

so, now I just let 1 computer with 1 win 7 pro 64 bit (reinstall the other 1 with 32 bit to solve the problem), and waiting for logmein support to help me solve the problem.

after that, I send an email to just update the problem. well, my last email didnt even have any feedback (maybe because there's nothing to feedback). and till now, there's no feedback.

and I manage another network too on my client's and my friend's (well these are free subsciptions). and now I got another same problem with 2 windows 7 home premium 64 bit got yellow triangle and no hamachi network adapter installed, while another 2 windows 7 ultimate 32 bit is ok.

weird thing is my windows 8 64 bit and windows 10 64 bit is still good.

any help ? cause I almost gave up on hamachi with all these problems and no help.

Active Contributor

Re: Hamachi Network Adapter Gone (yellow triangle tunnel adapter error)

so, I got email about update hamachi to 0.420 that supposedly to remedy my situation. but unfortunately, it is not.

the yellow triangle is still there.

what's even worse, just yesterday, suddenly hamachi acting up again, and several computer with windows 8 64 bit that's ok before, now is not. it stuck on "connecting" for along time, and then there would be error msg "Failed to connect to server", and a question asking if I want to wait and reconnect again and again. For about 2 computers, this helped and it would connect even though having to wait a long time, for another 2 computers, it was not. it would still saying "connecting" or "reconnecting" and wouldnt connect at all.

This great program is suddenly not great anymore.

it's a nightmare that I think I would better learning how to program microtic to setup my own vpn (I would if only I have more time to spare). 

Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hey there,

This sounds like it may be because of an issue with the network adapter installing, please find info on that here:

http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Why-do-I-get-the-Failed-to-connect-to-Hamachi-network-ada...

specifically their 2nd half;

Hamachi network adapter not displayed in Network Connections

Sometimes Windows fails to properly add the network adapter when told to install it.  This can manifest itself in a scenario where there is no Hamachi adapter listed in the Network connections folder.

Manually reinstalling

• Go to Start > Run, and type hdwwiz (if running Windows XP, type: hdwwiz.cpl)
  • If it beings searching immediately, let it finish, then choose the option Yes, I have already connected the hardware.
  • If it displays the currently installed devices, please scroll down to the bottom and choose Add a new hardware device.  If it is not there, skip to the next step.
  • Choose Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced).
  • Now select Network Adapters.
  • Choose Have Disk, and Browse.
  • Browse to Installation Folder, and select the Hamachi.inf file.
  • Finish the install of the adapter.
  • Once the install is complete, check your Network Connections folder and see if Hamachi's adapter is called "Hamachi", and not something like "Local Area Connection 4".  If it is not named "Hamachi", rename it to Hamachi and try running the application again.  Make sure, the Network Connection Hamachi is activated.

and let me know if you have further issues

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.

Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.
Active Contributor

hi there,

Sorry, because I was very busy, i just happened to check the post again.

and sorry that I forgot to mention it in my 1st post,

but hdwwiz is among the 1st solutions that I tried and not working.

when I add it, it said successful, but still after that no hamachi network adapter shown.

I have tried it countless times.

so, this solution is not working either.

I actually found a solution at last that's proposed by my friend, that is I have to reboot and choose "disable driver signature enforcement". after that reinstall or hdwwiz and hamachi network adapter would shown there.

but like I said, now there's another problem, some of the computer would show ""Failed to connect to server", though some can just keep reconnecting until it can connect after several minutes, and some wouldnt connect at all.

anyway thx for responding, when even the email to hamachi cust service wouldnt got any reply again. 

it seems that cust service was good when I asked for the problem first time, but then when they cannot found any solution, they just abandon their cust. 

should be great product, weird bugs, no solution, bad cust service

unfortunately, havent found sufficient replacement yet.

Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hey there again!

I'm really sorry you've had a bad customer service experience -can you let me know the ticket number (it should be in the subject line of the emails ) and I'll take a further look into this for you?

Let me know and i'd really like to try and help out!

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.

Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.
Active Contributor

hi

ticket number : 04635285

yeah. at 1st it's a decent cust service experience

the reply is ok, albeit a little slow (usually in 0.5 - 1 day).

when they learned that I have tried all the solution, at the last email they said that I need to phone them, so I did, and the support there remote to the problem computer.

but he couldnt fixed it and said that it's a new case (which is weird, cause I saw this case everywhere), and that this is a level higher than what he can solved (or something like that. pardon me if i'm wrong cause english not my primary language), and that he will try to find the solution and get back at me.

after that, no respons.

I have to email several times just to get 1 answer that hamachi 420 would solved my yellow triangle problem (which is not, and even gave me more problems with the reconnecting forever).

and no more help til now.

maybe they thought that they havent found the solution and it was useless to email me back, but I think a simple word like "we're still searching for solution", or better "we have found the problem but still working on the solution", or something like that to gave me more news that they are working on it would be nice.

like I said, we (I mean my friend, definitely not logmein support) found the solution for the yellow triangle that I had post above.

but as for the reconnecting forever, it seems that it fixed by itself for now. dont know why, maybe hamachi server was very busy before ? it gave a bad feeling like it would down again anytime without any sound solution.

New Contributor

Hello, did you get any solutions for this?

thanks

New Contributor

I had same (or just similar) problem and solved it by renaming the Hamachi Network Adapter to "Hamachi" from "Ethernet 3" (which it was named inadvertently, somehow, not by me)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Wow. Thanks... This worked for me.

It happened after I had to abort a windows update for win10. must have corrupted the network names.
New Contributor

I got this problem also after I switch back from Windows 10 to Windows 7 for compability hardware problem. After go in Win 7 and download latest Hamachi from website I can't solve this triangle problem by every explanation I get from internet. Fortunately, I remember I still have my hard drive backup in 2014 and find my old Hamachi saved ver 6.0.2.2, driver date 14/05/2007. After I installed it the triangle problem dissapear and my Hamchi can connect to the network. I didn't do update and just use my old Hamachi. Hope this will help you.