New Contributor

Re: Hamachi: Tunneling Problem - VPN Error

Guys

I tried all the suggestion above. nothing works.

i upgraded my windows to 8.1 and suddenly the hamachi network that i host gone wrong.

my friends cant ping me and i cant ping them and i see a "yellow ! mark".

how do you fix it ? i cant be that no one was able to fix it yet.

please response. thank u.

Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi all,

Solution One:

Generally when one receives a yellow tunneling error in Hamachi, this would indicate a problem with the Hamachi network adapter. Usually we would recommend un-installing Hamachi and re-installing Hamachi which should resolve the issue.

Solution Two:

Alternatively, you may try re-installing the Hamachi adapter themselves. Simply open your device manager and uninstall the Hamachi Network Adapter. Afterwards, in the device manager select "Add Legacy Hardware". Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)". Select Network Adapter and then select"Have Disk". Browse to where Hamachi is installed and select the Hamachi drv listed there. After installing the Adapter, please be sure to go back to the adapter page and rename the adapter to "Hamachi" or you will continue to run into connectivity problems.

Solution 3 (Gateway Network): If you are utilizing a gateway network, it is possible that the bridge is broken between the Hamachi and local adapter. One may need to break the bridge connectivity and create a new one in order to resolve this issue.

If you are a paid customer, you may also contact our support line for further assistance at 866-478-1805.

Ian is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.
Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.
Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.

New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks Ian for your answers. However, I have a question.

I have tried solutions 1 and 2 and after reinstalling the network adapter, I couldn't figure out how to rename it. It's currently named "LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter." Would that be causing the problems that I am still having? Maybe I'm just missing something, since renaming is usually pretty easy.

Also, FYI, solution 3 does not apply to me.

Thanks,

-Cornsauce

New Contributor

gtabeer520

New Contributor

dfddd
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am noticing a lot of people have this problem, and so have I. I fixed it by (on windows 8)

1: Press START + R

2: type services.msc and hit run

3: Look for LogMeIn Hamachi tunneling engine

4: Stop the service and restart it

5: It should now work 

Well, it worked for me

New Contributor

The solution ? just switch to tuungle ,hamachi might look easier to use but for no reason and without any solution a lot of peopel can't use it .Why ? because it's bad.I had some problem at first with tuungle but it was on my side and i resolved them really quickly

Frequent Contributor

What OS(es) are you using?

New Contributor

Thank you. Your fix took a matter of seconds and it worked. 

New Contributor

I updated my windows to 8.1 and I install hamachi and then...I have tunell problem. I have yelow triangle saying: There is a problem with a peer conection.

Plz, help me. Cat Happy