New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Hamachi: service stopped

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm running on Win 8.1, I installed Hamachi and when I start it I have a self-diagnosi popup and the Hamachi service line is always yellow. Summary below :

Summary report
------------------------

Test name: Hamachi service Result: [YELLOW] -> Service status: Stopped

---------------------------------------------

Test name: Files & Folders Result: [GREEN] -> All required files found

Test name: Driver Result: [GREEN] -> OK

I tried to start the service in the service manager but I have a 1068 Windows Error. Moreover there is no description about the LogMein hamachi service.

Thanks for the help

Shadow_Bird

New Contributor

Re: Hamachi: service stopped

I found after long reserch !

The service wouldn't start because the WMI service was disabled. After start this service Log Me In service start succesfully !

I hope this will help ppl

Shadow_bird

Contributor

[ Edited ]

EDIT: (Added in the reference to the Windows Services Utility)

FIRST: [Services Utility <Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services> ] change your LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling service BACK to Automatic Startup (General Tab), Log On As Local System Account (Log On Tab, chk Allow Service to Interact with Desktop.")
Next:
Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi.
Right-click on hamachi-2.exe (this is also the LMI H Service) and open Properties/Security Tab. Look at the Users Group/Principle. Ensure that the parameters are set to "Read & Execute".
REMEMBER, computer security will ALWAYS default to the highest restriction (eg: YourPC\you (your user account) is at Full, and the Users group is set to Read Only. Result: You can only read the file, nothing else.
Post back to let me know what's happening.

New Contributor

If I cannot actually start Hamachi, how am I supposed to do the first part?

Also, I go into the Properties/Security tab of both hamachi-2.exe and the LMI exe. Both of them already have Read & Execute checked.

Could this be a windows 10 issue?

Contributor

Good Evening.

Please forgive me. The first part refers to the Services Utility <Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services>

It's possibly a Windows 10 issue. Hamachi was intermittant with Win 7 as well. However, since I made these changes after upgrading to Win10, there have absolutely been no problems.

I will update this to read:

FIRST: [Services Utility <Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services> ] change your LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling service BACK to Automatic Startup (General Tab), Log On As Local System Account (Log On Tab, chk Allow Service to Interact with Desktop.")
Next:
Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi.
Right-click on hamachi-2.exe (this is also the LMI H Service) and open Properties/Security Tab. Look at the Users Group/Principle. Ensure that the parameters are set to "Read & Execute".
REMEMBER, computer security will ALWAYS default to the highest restriction (eg: YourPC\you (your user account) is at Full, and the Users group is set to Read Only. Result: You can only read the file, nothing else.
Post back to let me know what's happening.

New Contributor

Hello.

I had the problem to start it on win10 after hibernating, and your instructions helped.

Thank you very much. Please help yourself with a piece of internet. Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

KapitanBorowik ;

Always grateful to help out!

And thank you for letting me know this solution works for others.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Advisor

please mark this issue as solved

"If my post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution."

"At this point in time, the Internet should be regarded as an Enemy Weapons System!"
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Contributor

Hello Kapitan,
If my solution solved your problem, will you please mark as "Solved"

Thank you