New Contributor

Re: Hamachi: service stopped

Thank you so much, it worked, I have been trying to fix this for a long time.

Contributor

I'm glad my posted solution worked for you!

Thank you for letting me know, I really appreciate it.

Can you please mark this issue as "Solved", so that others with the same or similar problem can easily navigate to this solution?

Thanks! 

New Contributor

I had a similar problem after upgrading Windows 7 and 8.1 to Windows 10 where the service was stuck in the starting state. As a software engineer I've had lots of experience with services.  Logmein depends on the Windows Management Instrumentation service. I changed the dependencies to add Workstation and this fixed it. To do this open a command prompt in administrator mode and enter the following

sc config Hamachi2Svc depend= Winmgmt/LanmanWorkstation

NOTE there is a space after the = but not before it

Sorted!

New Contributor

So I'm having the same problem I've reinstalled hamachi multiple times, normally that works, but it doesn't anymore.

I'm having the Service Stopped problem but when I try to do what you said I don't have any LogMeIn Hamachi under Program Files, but it says I have all the files on the diagnosis.

Contributor

EDIT: (Added in the reference to the Windows Services Utility)

FIRST: [Services Utility <Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services> ] change your LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling service BACK to Automatic Startup (General Tab), Log On As Local System Account (Log On Tab, chk Allow Service to Interact with Desktop.")
Next:
Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi.
Right-click on hamachi-2.exe (this is also the LMI H Service) and open Properties/Security Tab. Look at the Users Group/Principle. Ensure that the parameters are set to "Read & Execute".
REMEMBER, computer security will ALWAYS default to the highest restriction (eg: YourPC\you (your user account) is at Full, and the Users group is set to Read Only. Result: You can only read the file, nothing else.
Post back to let me know what's happening.

So I'm having the same problem I've reinstalled hamachi multiple times, normally that works, but it doesn't anymore.

I'm having the Service Stopped problem but when I try to do what you said I don't have any LogMeIn Hamachi under Program Files, but it says I have all the files on the diagnosis.

>>Hi. I reposted my instructions at top. LogMeIn is installed in the <Program Files (x86)> folder, not <Program Files>.

New Contributor

Im having this exact problem and ive done exactly what you have said to do however when i try to change the permission for CREATOR OWNER whenever i press apply or ok it unchecks all the boxes and it doesnt seem to set... for all the over groups it has set to read and execute but the problem still persists which makes me to believe that that is the problem. Im running windows 7.

New Contributor

Hi. My Hamachi has all of the files and everything else working and set to the solution posted, but it still says the service is stopped and will not launch. I have followed all the instructions posted and it's set correctly, yet it is not launching and still says the service has stopped.
Furthermore, Hamachi will not uninstall itself anymore and I've rebooted my computer several times to no avail. Is there any way you could help me with this?

New Contributor

...Okay? I restarted my computer with hamachi still running and it works now? Weird...

Contributor

Hi!

Unfortunately, Hamachi may stop if you logoff or powercycle your PC.

As a safeguard, I added an automatic repeating task to launch a .cmd file that has the following commands:

Open Notepad.exe (runas administrator IMPORTANT!), type the following: 

net stop Hamachi2Svc

net start Hamachi2Svc

start "X:\Filepath\LogMeIn Hamachi\hamachi-2-ui.exe"

exit

Then Save As to the C:\Windows\System32 folder as HamachiStart.cmd (or choose your own filename.cmd).

**Make sure you type in the appropriate filepath for the \Hamachi-2-ui.exe file.

For me, it is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hamachi-2-ui.exe". You must use quotes when using filepath with spaces.

Then create an automated task in Task Scheduler to trigger on startup, to run YourHamachiStartProgram.cmd and repeat avery X hours (your preference).  The task needs to be set to run with administrative privileges. Because you saved the .cmd program in the System32 folder, there is no need to type a compete filepath.

Hope this helps!

New Contributor

I am having the same problem on Windows 10.  I have checked all the recommendations of LMI_IT_Pro and found that my hamachi-2.exe is already set to all those recommendations.

Any other ideas?  Thanks