Welcome to the Hamachi Community!
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Scripted Install

I'm trying to do a scripted install on a Raspberry Pi using the awesome raspbian-ua-netinst unattended network installer.  I've got almost everything scripted out, except for how to configure the /var/lib/logmein-hamachi/h2-engine-override.cfg file with an equivalent of the LmiEmail value in /var/lib/logmein-hamachi/h2-engine.ini.

I've tried Setup.DeployEmail without any luck.  Is there a way to perform the hamachi attach function via the override file?

LogMeIn Contributor
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Scripted Install

Hi,

the steps you need in your script:

- install Hamachi

- stop the daemon

- attach a new line to the end of h2-engine.ini with "LmiEmal email@x.y"

- start daemon

I hope it helps

New Contributor

Thanks pz, but due to the way I'm performing the install, I don't have the ability to start the service to create the file h2-engine.ini to append to, hence the reason for sticking the other values in the h2-engine-override.cfg file.  I'm assuming the h2-engine.ini will get overwritten upon first start of the service with the values in the override file (which excludes LmiEmail value).

This is basically taking an unattended install method, by booting to a minimal busybox install, and then installing on top raspbian without running all the services, etc.  I just need a way to get the configuration in there before it starts the service for the first time, otherwise, I can't access the device any way other than on the local network.

LogMeIn Contributor
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi,

the engine override file will affect only the .cfg, so you cannot use it for the .ini.

The good news is, that you can create the .ini before the install with only one line. At first start the engine will find it, read values and writes it back along with extended ones.

Please note, that you need to create the directory structure for the ini file in this case.

Another option is to run "hamachi attach x@y.z" command at the end of the install script, when Hamachi is running.

New Contributor

pz wrote:

The good news is, that you can create the .ini before the install with only one line. At first start the engine will find it, read values and writes it back along with extended ones.

Please note, that you need to create the directory structure for the ini file in this case.

This is exactly what's needed!  I was working to test this functionality yesterday, but hadn't yet confirmed it.  I'll update the thread if there are any issues, but if the daemon will create the full file content while keeping the existing values, that resolves the issue.

Thanks!

New Contributor

I tried pz's solution by adding h2-engine.ini with the LmiEmail line before starting hamachi, but running 'hamachi' just gives status "logged in" and an empty lmi account. It's a clean install, which havn't previously been attached to anything.

Is anything else needed for hamachi to change to the attached state? Noticed that it set a bit in Bits2, when I run 'hamachi attach' manually.

With the installation I'm during it is not possible to run "hamachi attach" as part of the installation script, as it is being run inside a chroot.