New Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Hamachi drivers not installing

Not sure if you fixed it yet but followed the ingramr1576 steps 1 through 6 then...

Untick QoS Packet Scheduler from the new network adapter properties

Do not need IPv4 or 6

Restart the machine (mine took two restarts)

All our PC's now run Technical preview 10049 and fully functional Hamachi (yellow triangles gone)

Valued Contributor

isitpete wrote:

Not sure if you fixed it yet but followed the ingramr1576 steps 1 through 6 then...

Untick QoS Packet Scheduler from the new network adapter properties

Do not need IPv4 or 6

Restart the machine (mine took two restarts)

All our PC's now run Technical preview 10049 and fully functional Hamachi (yellow triangles gone)

This worked on my setup as well. However, do not let it automatically update to version 328. I haven't been able to get it to work on the latest version.

Thanks for your tip.

Richard

Valued Contributor

I am still wrestling with this problem -- and not for the first time with a Windows 10 update.

I have followed the instructions in the first post in this thread and also yours about the QoS Packet Schedulerr. One thing I'm not clear on is what you mean by not needed IPv4 or 6. Should these also be "unticked"?

The Hamachi adapter is displayed in the list of network adapters shown under Network Connections. It's labeled "Internet 2," "Unidentified Network" and "LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter #3".

I've tried restarting several times and I'm still getting the yellow triangle on my remote computers and I'm also not able to connect to my proxy software (Privoxy) from my primary PC. When I click on one of my peer PCs displaying the yellow triangle in Hamachi, it shows "Error" for VPN Status, and when I click for more details on the settings page, the message says there is a "network adapter error."

The last time I had this problem a month or so ago, I tried so many different fixes that I wasn't sure how I actually fixed it. I'm pretty sure I did everything this time as last, but no cigar.

Any further suggestions?

Valued Contributor

Just tried unticking IPv4 and IPv6 and the Hamachi "adapter" completely disappeared from the list. Reticking them returned them to the list, but still no connection...

Meant to say earlier -- thanks for your previous posts and suggestions.
Contributor

The only way I could get this to work was by folowing the instructions in the thread, including using the versions specified. I had to repeat the whole thing after my Win10 install updated to 10061.

Using the most recent version will not work - I disabled auto-update after installing the older (.2) initial version.

Valued Contributor

Thanks.

Yes, I fell back to version 2.2.0.258. I didn't have that install version, but was able to search for it and find it online. Likewise, I have defeated the update function.

I guess my only alternative is to uninstall and try one more time.

Thanks...

Contributor

That's the first version you need, but you also have to find the old version of  2.2.0.319 - you upgrade manually to that by installing it over 2.2.0.258 and then install the drivers from the INF file.

Valued Contributor

Aquitaine wrote:

The only way I could get this to work was by folowing the instructions in the thread, including using the versions specified. I had to repeat the whole thing after my Win10 install updated to 10061.

Using the most recent version will not work - I disabled auto-update after installing the older (.2) initial version.

I'm traveling and have not had opportunity to work with 10061 and Hamachi. I take it from your post that the process still works?

Thanks
Richard I

Contributor

It does - you just have to uninstall and repeat (even if it was working under 10049)

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the clarification on versions, Aquitane. I've gone back and followed the instructions according to version number, step by step, but still no luck. After completing the first 6 steps, I unchecked the QoS setting and rebooted. First time, no luck. Second time I restarted, still no luck.

I tried reinstalling the hamdrrv, and I was able to see the two Hamachi adapters display the "Identifying..." message, and eventually that timed out on both adapters with the "Unidentified Network" message.

I am also on Windows 10 build 10061. 

I suppose I will try to rebooting a couple more times, but I feel that "doing the same thing/surprised to be getting the same results" thing heading in my direction.

Let me know if you have any other ideas or suggestions for me.

Thanks again!