Valued Contributor

Re: Windows 10 Hamachi drivers not installing

Well, you win some, and lose some.

My computer installed Build 10130 tonight, and following the process that worked for me, and the process detailed by ingramr1576, and neither works.

With the previous method, the network driver does not appear under my network adapters, indicating it wasn't correctly installed. With the new method, the Hamachi Network Adapter appears in the list, but shows "Unidentified Network" and there is no communication via Hamachi.

Valued Contributor

Just a quick follow-up. Stil no joy, though I've tried both the previous method that worked for me for 10122 and ingramr1576's method multiple times. With my previous method, even though the pop-up message appears indicating that the driver was installed, it doesn't get added to the network adapaters list. It does get added when I follow ingramr1576's method, but the net result is "Identifying Network..." and then eventually "Unidentified Network." I've also tried to temporarily Disable the adpater and then Enable it, but that just gets me back to "Unidentified network."

If I run the Diagnose routine that's available in the Properties dialog for the Hamachi driver, I get the following message:

"Ethernet 5" doesn't have a valid IP configuration." Not fixed.

FWIW, I have unticked the QoS item in the Hamachi network properties, but this makes no difference. Not sure what else I would need to change in the network properties.

It seems like each new build of Windows 10 brings a new type of failure to installing and configuring Hamachi. Anyone have any previous experience with this failure, or have any suggestions on how to overcome it?

Valued Contributor

You all are really not going to like this....

Build 10130 installed overnight on my PC at home. I did nothing to Hamachi and it is running like a champ. No notices, nothing.

I have rebooted, gone offline, come back online, shut it down and restarted it, and everything is working.

Now my Surface is another story. I'm working on getting past fbl_impressive Enterprise 10130 - Error 0x8024    6017. Been at it about an hour. So far there is a kink in every solution I've found.

But that's not what this topic is about.

Hamachi survived the update on my PC.

Valued Contributor

Actually, I am happy that you're not having problems. I would consider that a sign of progress. but unfortunately it's not a universal thing, based on my own experience.

Hamachi definitely wasn't working for me after the install of build 10130. I use Privoxy in conjunction with Hamachi, and when W10 rebooted after install, Privoxy failed because the Hamachi network wasn't accessible.

The good news here is that there is most likely a solution to the latest manifestation of this problem. It may take a while to find it, but hopefully the collective experience based in this thread adds up to a solution.

Contributor

It's still working for me on 10130, but what I'd like to know is whether LogMeIn intends to respond to Windows 10 any better than they did to Windows 8. It took months after Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 were released before Hamachi was at all stable. We lost dozens of hours between troubelshooting and auditioning replacements and going through that again is not in the cards for us.

We're not going to upgrade our servers anytime soon so we won't position ourselves to make that mistake again, but it would be nice if LogMeIn released a beta or even just made an announcement about Windows 10 support coming down the pipe. 

Contributor

VideoSavant wrote:

Just a quick follow-up. Stil no joy, though I've tried both the previous method that worked for me for 10122 and ingramr1576's method multiple times. With my previous method, even though the pop-up message appears indicating that the driver was installed, it doesn't get added to the network adapaters list. It does get added when I follow ingramr1576's method, but the net result is "Identifying Network..." and then eventually "Unidentified Network." I've also tried to temporarily Disable the adpater and then Enable it, but that just gets me back to "Unidentified network."

You aren't alone. I finally got to 10130 today and tried ingramr1576's method, and I'm having the exact same problem. I know that's probably not what you'd like to hear, but at least it's a common problem.

Valued Contributor

Okay, here's my scorecard: Two PCs that upgraded without a hitch. Hamachi is running as expected.

However, I removed Hamachi from my Surface to do a clean install of Hamachi after upgrading to 10130. I've tried all the tricks we've all done, and then a few more. I found that there are several settings that are not set when getting the Unidentified Network.

I tried manually configuring Hamachi, but to no avail. I will continue workig on it till I've got something concrete to offer everybody.

If anybody has ever successfully configured Hamachi manually, let me know.

Later.

Valued Contributor

Appreciate the update -- definitely let us know if you figure out something on the configuration wrinkles.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Bingo! I got Hamachi up and running on my Surface Pro! Found a post in another thread that jogged my memory of other difficulties.

To give credit the thread is Failed to connect to the network adapter. Peer is not accessible via VPNPost 74 by emmorey where he quoted one Bernardo Dias. (I can't figure out how to link to the post.)

"Steps:

1) Kill the process "hamachi-2.exe"

2) Disable and enable the hamachi network adapter
3) Start again the service "LogMeIn Hamachi 2.0 Tunneling engine" from the control panel
4) Start the Hamachi client from the Start menu

To put it into our context, do the following:

1. Follow one of the previous methods to get Hamachi installed so you at least have a Hamachi network adapter. Without this, the rest will not work--really.
  2. In Task Manager click more details and on the Details tab scroll down to
    hamachi-2.exe and kill it.
  3. Disable the Hamachi network adapter, let it set for a few seconds, and then enable it again.
  4. Click on the Services tab and sort the name column. Scroll down to Hamachi2Svc. Right-click it and select Start.
  5. Hamachi may start back up, but exit from it. Restart it through the Start menu.
  6. Be patient. It takes about a minute or more for it to go through all of the connecting and synchronizing.
  7. You should have a working Hamachi with no error messages.

I have verified that it survives reboot and it does connect to the other systems on the Hamachi network.

Let me know how it goes for you. YMMV 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion and detailed steps. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.

I already had a Hamachi installation with an installed driver, but when the suggested process didn't work the first time I tried it, I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Hamachi, to ensure any network configuration changes I made previously to that adapter were wiped away.

After re-installing Hamachi, I followed your the new process step by step, but still no luck. The adapter is still displaying Unidentified Network. 

I also tried the service restart/kill Hamachi/restart from Start menu while the driver was in its "Identifying..." state, and then again after it failed and was displaying the "Unidentified Network." In neither case did I get a connection.

I will probably be doing some more experimenting with this process later today, but need to get some work done now. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Again, I appreciate you sharing what worked for you.