cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdabro27
New Contributor

Accidentally deleted user from an organization

Hello,

A few days ago, I added my coworkers private LastPass account to my organization. After a few days we decided to remove him from an organization. So I did it, but it seems that his account (private one) is totally deleted. He had been having a lot of vaults there. The first line of support said that's impossible to restore his account. It cannot be true, when I was doing it - there weren't any alerts etc.  Also, what is surprising - is the fact that I was even able to do it! Please let me know what we can do now with this matter. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Accidentally deleted user from an organization

Hi @pdabro27 welcome to the community.

I located your support ticket and it looks like the issue has already been resolved, but please let us know if you need any additional help. 

As an admin there are 3 options available for managing a users access to LastPass; disable, delete, and remove. In most cases you will want to remove the user from your company account, that way if they have a linked personal account that will not be affected.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @pdabro27 welcome to the community.

I located your support ticket and it looks like the issue has already been resolved, but please let us know if you need any additional help. 

As an admin there are 3 options available for managing a users access to LastPass; disable, delete, and remove. In most cases you will want to remove the user from your company account, that way if they have a linked personal account that will not be affected.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

julienthomas88
New Contributor

Hello !

My premium account has been deleted by error the same way by an organisation that wanted to share passwords with me.

They say they only removed the password, but my account has completely been deleted.

"Your LastPass Account has been deleted by your company administrator
Your LastPass company administrator has deleted your account. You can't log in to your previous account, but you can sign up again with the same email address.

Please contact your organization's LastPass administrator for assistance.

Thank you."

Anything I / the organisation can do to recover my personal account ?

I tryied to reach the support with another email, the case number is 16267531.

Thank you.

RachelO
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @julienthomas88,

Deleting an account fully deletes the user's Vault and all information within the user's LastPass account. Any data stored within the account will be deleted, an action which cannot be undone and cannot be recovered by LastPass support or by the company administrator. 

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!