cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Firefox Browser Freezing Issue

Hi All,

We are experiencing browser freezing issues when we login to LastPass using the Firefox Browser Extension.
Firefox is unusable when logged into LastPass extension.
Is this a known issue?

Thanks
Dinesh
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Firefox Browser Freezing Issue

I wonder if it is a different team working on firefox version.
First it was even impossible to login in firefox.
Now, it freezes the pages. I cannot work on Palo Alto GUI because LastPass is freezing the page. During WordPress installation page, it created infinite loop and run CPU at 100%.
I do prefer firefox over chrome so I need to find different password manager.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, there is samething wrong.
I have to remove Lastpass from FF addons, restart browser and install Lastpass to be able to work.
Problem with browser freez while loading pages is back in 2-3 days.
But i don't have Lastpass Enterprise, only free version.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Not only Firefox now.
All browsers do not respond at the moment. Is Lastpass under some kind of attack?
Highlighted
New Contributor

This has been happening to me for several months now and I have a paid plan. It happens with FF on Windows and Mac but not on Ubuntu. It is definitely the LastPass addon. If I remove it the browsers starts fine, Once I add it back within a day or two It takes a very long time to start (at least 15 minutes). I hope that since this problem is publicly known that it will be investigated and fixed.
Highlighted
New Contributor

LastPass for Firefox freezes at the login.

New computer, new installation, latest versions of FF and LP.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same issue. I've just started using LastPass for a more secure way to store and change my passwords. The interface is not very intuitive/user friendly to begin with, but the extension constantly crashing firefox makes it completely unuseable. Sure I could uninstall and reinstall it every hour, but that's not exactly convenient is it. And they wonder why people have their browser store their passwords for them... Also, why isn't a moderator responding to these topics about freezes in different browsers?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yep same here. I'm searching now for an alternative to LastPass, since no one at Lastpass wants to address this issue.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Still happening. Hangs FF completely for a couple of minutes before eventually becoming responsive again. Removed the extension and re-added the latest version; same issue.