cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACL2
New Contributor

How do I create a subfolder in an enterprise Shared Folder?

Instead of having dozens of shared folders that are all named Shared- Dept - Dept Asset where Dept is the department that owns the shared folder and Dept Asset is the subset of the department's sites that fall into a delimitable category, to all of which the whole department has access - I would like to create subfolders under a structure that looks like:

• Shared - Dept
    • Dept Subfolder 1
    • Dept Subfolder 2

This would allow me to assign group level access at the parent (which is inherited by the children subfolders) and specific user allow/disallow at the subfolder level.

Can I do this in the Enterprise version?  I can see under the Enterprise Dashboard >> Sharing Center where I can set a checkmark against a particular folder, select the Actions drop down, select Rename Folder and get the option to fill in the checkbox for Add as a subfolder here: with a select field.  But I cannot fill in the checkbox or select a folder to make the parent.  I am an administrator of the account.  

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ACL2
New Contributor

Re: How do I create a subfolder in an enterprise Shared Folder?

And my mistake was trying to do it from the Shared Folder/Admin interface rather than the User/My Vault interface.  DOH!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ACL2
New Contributor

Re: How do I create a subfolder in an enterprise Shared Folder?

And my mistake was trying to do it from the Shared Folder/Admin interface rather than the User/My Vault interface.  DOH!

View solution in original post