cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomobile
New Contributor

How to exclude tax from LastPass invoice?

Hi there,

I've noticed that you added tax to our invoice.

But our company is registered in Russia and is not a taxpayer in any other country.

So could you please send me your docs about your tax residential in Russia and add your VAT number to invoice or exclude your tax from our invoice?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: tax payment for company in Russia

Hello @gomobile,

To comply with local tax laws, LastPass will apply the tax rate associated with the purchaser’s location to the invoice. The purchaser's location is determined by the IP address that is used when the purchaser is on the payment/purchase page. If you are using a VPN service this can change where your location is set to and may be why the VAT is applied incorrectly to a purchase.

If you've paid VAT on a purchase that shouldn't have had it applied, please scroll down on this page and click Contact Support to open a ticket with the billing team: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-for-lastpass-lp010121

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: tax payment for company in Russia

Hello @gomobile,

To comply with local tax laws, LastPass will apply the tax rate associated with the purchaser’s location to the invoice. The purchaser's location is determined by the IP address that is used when the purchaser is on the payment/purchase page. If you are using a VPN service this can change where your location is set to and may be why the VAT is applied incorrectly to a purchase.

If you've paid VAT on a purchase that shouldn't have had it applied, please scroll down on this page and click Contact Support to open a ticket with the billing team: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-for-lastpass-lp010121

View solution in original post

sarajennifer
New Contributor

Re: How to exclude tax from LastPass invoice?

I've had a LastPass Family represent around 5 years and pay on a yearly premise. It's constantly been $48 and the current year's recharging was 12% higher than that. At the point when I reached LastPass uphold, they revealed to me that this is on the grounds that they're charging the commonplace and government charge which is 12% where I reside in Canada, forgot login pass of survey site.

Is LastPass adding this duty this for all records?

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How to exclude tax from LastPass invoice?

Hello,

LastPass will add on any applicable taxes or VAT/GST associated with the purchaser’s location on to the invoice once their billing address information is entered. If you think you've paid too much in taxes for your LastPass purchase, please create a ticket for our billing team to review and resolve if necessary by scrolling down and clicking "Contact Support" at the bottom center of this page: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/why-am-i-being-charged-sales-tax-for-lastpass-lp070011