cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwdslicer
Active Contributor

Is it possible to keep users signed into the LastPass browser extension indefinitely / no log off?

I just recently got some licenses for LastPass Business and I'm starting to test it out with myself and a few other users. Previously, I was using LastPass with my personal email (and still am with another personal email for home stuff) and I never used to get signed out of the extension. LastPass just keeps me signed in 24/7, which is nice.

Now that my work account has been upgraded to LastPass Business and activated, etc, I notice that every day, and multiple times a day, I have to sign back into the plugin. It is this way with the couple other users I have testing with me.

Is it not possible to change it so the LastPass session never expires? I assumed this was a policy but all I can find is the "Account logoff on shutdown/logoff" and "Account logoff (website)" policies, which are disabled.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

5 REPLIES 5
pwdslicer
Active Contributor

Re: Is it possible to keep users signed into the LastPass browser extension indefinitely / no log of

Also, LastPass isn't auto-filling website forms anymore like it used to.  Why are these simple settings so difficult to track down?

pwdslicer
Active Contributor

Re: Is it possible to keep users signed into the LastPass browser extension indefinitely / no log of

It looks like everything is working as expected now. I guess it was just bad timing with me signing up / setting up LastPass during outages/issues with their services.

rhoneyman
New Contributor

Remarkable that you got no response. I'm sick of having to log in randomly, but more and more frequently. I haven't found a solution.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @rhoneyman,

Are you needing to verify your login via email often? If so, we have noticed that this can happen if your browser is set to erase all cookies/history/cache often or on browser close. Some other applications, such as anti-virus software/security suites or other browser extensions, may also remove cookies from your web browser. Please configure your browser settings to allow third-party cookies, add https://lastpass.com as an exception, and allowlist LastPass wherever applicable. Please also be sure that in your browser settings the setting "Clear cookies and site data when you quit" is not turned on.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
pwdslicer
Active Contributor

Yeah it's not that. It seems like it is keeping me logged in now though. I think the issue was that it just so happened the day I was doing the initial setup is the day LastPass had a whole load of problems.