cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
personthree
Active Contributor

Issuing Passwords - not sharing them

Does anyone use LastPass to issue passwords to people ?  Not sharing them but issuing them after an account has been created or a password reset ?  We have no residual interest in the password after it has been issued.

The only way to achieve this with LastPass, AFAICT,  is to create an item, share it, check for feedback that it has been received, hope they clone it at the other end and then delete the item. Is this correct or have we missed something glaringly obvious ? I should clarify we don't have access to the Enterprise console which is managed by the security team.

We would appreciate a feature where this can be done at scale and with as much automation as possible. I will suggest this in the new features area once the situation is clarified.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Issuing Passwords - not sharing them

Hi @personthree,

LastPass Business admins can add Password apps (formerly known as "Push Sites to Users") to directly place a site in a user’s Vault. This can be used to pre-populate a site in a user's Vault so that it is available when the user first logs in, and to push SAML-specific URLs to services you have linked to your account when using LastPass single sign-on: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/push-sites-to-users-lp010077

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @personthree,

LastPass Business admins can add Password apps (formerly known as "Push Sites to Users") to directly place a site in a user’s Vault. This can be used to pre-populate a site in a user's Vault so that it is available when the user first logs in, and to push SAML-specific URLs to services you have linked to your account when using LastPass single sign-on: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/push-sites-to-users-lp010077

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

personthree
Active Contributor

Thanks.  That is exactly what we need.  I'll have to ask for it to be enabled.

personthree
Active Contributor

It appears that LastPass Business admins are too privileged so this functionality cannot be delegated to normal users. In a large enterprise, there will be many more people responsible for password distribution/dissemination, than there will be responsible for managing LastPass itself.

I will add a request for this.