cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kennyties
New Contributor

LastPass policies only apply when implemented?

Hi all,

I am a new LastPass user and Super Admin and had a question about policies.  I was added to the allow LastPass Super Admins to reset users passwords but I could not see the option to reset a users password.  After talking to support it sounds like policies only work when they are implemented, meaning that even though my user is in the policy I don't have those permissions.  Is this true?

1 REPLY 1
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass policies only apply when implemented?

Hi @kennyties,

Once a policy is enabled super admins should be able to use/take action for that enabled policy. If you configured a policy as Disabled and are now ready to enable it, you will need to locate the policy and toggle on the switch to enforce it. You can also edit an existing policy to make changes to the policy configuration, the steps to do that are outlined here: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/add-and-manage-enterprise-policies-lp080002

If you're having any trouble with enabling a policy for super admins but you're not able to use the policy function as expected as a user admin after it is enabled, please reach out to the Enterprise support team who would be happy to help right away. You can access the Enterprise support number through your LastPass Admin Console > Support.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!